Chapter 4: Your Next Steps

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka looked over her New Jedi Order and felt nothing but happiness. Some of the younglings running around playing, while some others were sitting around talking. It brought joy to her heart, knowing that even during these rough times, these Jedi could still enjoy themselves. It just went to show how strong they really were, being able to deal with these times.

Then, Ahsoka felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked to her side and saw her dearest husband and Padawan, his newly-grown Padawan braid slung over his shoulder.

"You did this, you know," Lux said. "You saved the Jedi Order, and you've made something beautiful from it."

"Aw, Lux," she said. "You really are the best I could've asked for."

"And so are they," Lux said. "They are young, playful, strong, and kind. They're great Jedi, and much better than those curmudgeons up in the council."

"And so are you," Ahsoka said. "When I found out you were force-sensitive, I knew right from the start you had potential, even if it might take you a while. So, I figured it's time."

"Time for what?"

"To take your next steps into a larger world."

Lux blushed.

"You're not knighting me already, are you? I've only trained for, like, a month!"

"You're right," Ahsoka said, "I'm not knighting you. Not yet, at least. I figured it's time you take a necessary step on the path to become one, though."

"What are you talking about," Lux said.

"I'm talking about this," Ahsoka said, pulling her main lightsaber off of her belt and held it out in her hand.

"Uh..." Lux said, confused.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"You're going to make a lightsaber, Lux."

his eyes widened.

"Really?" he said.

Ahsoka nodded her head.

She turned on her lightsaber for Lux to see it.

"The lightsaber is a powerful weapon. Elegant and civilized, and much more reliable than something like a blaster. Every Jedi must eventually make one, and it's a necessary step on your path to become a Jedi Knight. Normally a Padawan would have one by now, but since you're a little late..."

"Yes," Lux said, "I know, I know..."

Ahsoka turned off her lightsaber.

"Listen," Ahsoka said, "in order to make a lightsaber, you must venture into the ice caves of Ilum and retrieve a Kyber crystal. There, you will be tested to see if you really are worthy of being a Jedi..."

Ahsoka trailed off there.

"What," Lux said, "I'm Force-sensitive, aren't I worthy of being one?"

"Lux," she said, "not everyone who ventures into the caves comes back. There are sometimes dangers to being a Jedi, and this will teach you to accept that, and make you stronger. Now, I'll go tell the others that you and I are leaving for Ilum tomorrow."

Lux nodded.

"I'm worried," he said.

"Don't worry," Ahsoka said, "just trust yourself. If it is the will of the Force, everything will be fine."