Chapter 14: Problems on Lothal

MORRA SEVARRO

Morra looked out the ship's cockpit window and saw the lush green plains of Lothal come into view.

She was riding in a civilian ship, though she didn't know what type it was. It was green, somewhat flat-looking, long, and had two quarters. Morra used one while Eekar used the other.

The plains and rock formations of the surface came into view as the ship entered the atmosphere and landed at the docking bay.

"Stay close to me," Eekar said as he landed the ship. "And if we get into trouble, remember, no lightsabers."

Morra nodded. They had to keep their identity as Jedi a secret.

They walked off of their ship, and surprisingly, they didn't run into any Clones.

They were able to mind-trick their way through customs, as the person managing it wasn't a clone trooper.

Once the two reached the streets of the city, Morra immediately noticed the effects of the Empire there.

There was graffiti on one wall of the old Republic logo, and there was a Clone cleaning it. Walking down the streets, they ran into quite a few random clone patrols. This type of security was what you would normally only see in military installations.

"This is horrible," Morra said quietly.

"I know," Eekar replied, "But we need to just get in, get the crates from the supplier, and get out."

They walked down the streets of the city, looking to find the supplier that they were looking for. Unfortunately, none of them matched what Ahsoka had shown her on the hologram.

Then, the two saw what looked to be a bunch of Clones standing around what looked like a singed market stand. It was quite obvious that a fight had broken out here.

"Oh, that's it isn't it?" Morra mumbled.

The two approached the site.

"Hey you," a trooper said to them, "what do you think you're doing?"

"What happened here?" Eekar asked.

"A group of Crimson Dawn mercenaries showed up and gunned this guy down for some reason," the trooper replied. "We don't know why, but we're currently checking his records."

I sure hope we're not in those records, Morra thought.

"Who was the victim?" Eekar asked.

"He was a Gotal male. I don't know what his name was."

"Kriff," Morra mumbled.

"We... had some buisness to do with him," Eekar continued.

"Sorry," the clone continued, "we can't let anyone on the crime scene. Not to mention you can't do business with a corpse."

Morra almost laughed at the remark.

"Well then," Morra said quietly as they walked away, "this complicates things."

"We'll have to contact Fulcrum," Eekar said. 

That was Ahsoka's callsign, as referring to her as Ahsoka would immediately put a target on their backs.

They quickly walked a few blocks away and slipped into an alleyway. Any closer to a crime scene and they certainly would be noticed.

Eekar pulled a holoprojector out of his pocket and contacted Ahsoka.

It beeped a few times before the image of her came on, and it didn't even looked like Ahsoka. It looked more like some any old person in a hood.

"You contacted me" Ahsoka said, her voice scrambled by the hologram.

"Yes," Eekar said, "There's... been an issue."

"Let me guess," Ahsoka said, "Empire?"

"No, Crimson Dawn actually. They came and killed the supplier before we arrived. Don't know why."

"Hmm, I wasn't told that Crimson Dawn would be involved,"  Ahsoka said.

"Should we look into it?" Eekar asked.

"No," Ahsoka said. "We have no need meddling with crime syndicates as of now. Perhaps the supplier owed a debt to Crimson Dawn."

"Perhaps," Eekar said, "But then we'll need to get some supplies from somewhere else."

"That can be arranged," Ahsoka said.

"Well," Eekar said, "Do it soon, since we are starting to run low on-"

"Hey! You two!"

A Clone had spotted them.