Heartbeat- Becky

Stephanie POV

We were lined up in the tunnel waiting to go out and play Canada in a friendly match.

I stood there anxiously waiting to start the game.

I've had a weird feeling that something is going to happen today. I haven't been able to shake it and I could tell my girlfriend was worried with how I've been acting today.

"Ready love?" My girlfriend, Becky asked and I could see the concern she was trying to hide as she appeared  next to me and pulling me into a hug

"Always" I whispered in her ear returning the hug

I quickly pulled her into a short sweet kiss as I pulled out of the hug

We we pulled I gently shoved her to her spot in line since we were starting to head out of the tunnel.

The anthem for both teams past quickly and before I knew it were lined up to start the game.

I looked back at Becky to send her a wink which causes a smile to appear on her face and I could tell even from this far the she was blushing, which made my heart swell with love for her

With that the whistle blew and the game started.

The game was pretty evenly matched, and just like ways. It was rough match with dirty tackles and fouls being called often.

We were 30 minutes in and no had scored, not that either didn't have opportunities. When they occurred, the other team instantly would shut them down.

I was currently running down the sideline with ball with the defender on my heels as I looked for a teammate that was open.

I decided to pick up my pace in hope of creating a better passing angel.

That's when I saw it, a path to Tobin. I quickly crossed the ball to Tobin.

I watched as she shot the ball and it make it into the back of the net.

That's when I realized a growing pain/discomfort in my chest, preventing me from going to celebrate with them.

I grabbed my chest as it got intense and I felt my heart beating out of chest.

I started to get scared as I realized what was happen and knew there was nothing I could stop it

I couldn't focus on anything around me as my vision started getting fuzzy.

The next thing I knew, I couldn't feel anything and everything was black.

Becky POV

Everyone was cheering as we made the first goal of the game.

I looked around for my girlfriend who should have been celebrating with Tobin but I didn't see her.

I quickly scanned the field and instantly was scared and I felt my stomach in my throat as I say her grabbing her chest.

I quickly took off towards her as I watched her fall to the ground not moving.

"Step, STEPHANIE!" I screamed as reached her, falling to my needs to shaking her in any hope that she would wake up

That's when I was pulled away from her and into the arms of someone as the medical staff reached her.

I watched as they pulled out the AED that they kept on hand for her as her doctor requested.

Tears continued to fall down my face as I saw the medics began to panic and try to hide it as they kept working.

No matter how many times they shocked her, her heart wouldn't start

That's when the stretcher reached them and they quickly loaded her on and started rolling her off the field

"Come on Becky, you need to go with her" Christen said gently bring me to my feet and guiding me to the tunnel in a haze

Once we hit the tunnel, I just collapsed as the grief hit me. I felt arms wrap around me as the tears kept falling

"She not coming back" I mumbled looking up at the girls around

Denial of her heart condition finally leaving most of their faces as the realization hit them.

That's how the next hour went, all of comforting each will we cried over the lost of teammate, friend, family, and the love of my life.