Christmas lights-Christen

"Babe" I hear causing me to drag my attention away from the light and to the ground where I saw my girlfriend standing, causing me to grin down at her

"Aren't they pretty?" I asked looking back at the light I had hung up so far

"Please get down from there before you hurt yourself" Christen said with worry in her voice

"I'll be fine! I've already have half of them up" I said, turning back to continue stapling the lights to the house

"(Y/n), please" I heard her beg

I ignored her as I continued to hang up the lights.

I am almost done I thought with a smile as I glanced at all the lights I had hung up.

That's when I felt my foot slip as I was moving the lights and I started falling towards the ground.

I felt pain in my back and arms as I land into the bush , then hit the ground.

I laid their dazed until I heard my name being yelled

"(Y/n)" I heard again and then I saw the worried and panic face of Christen as she looked me over for injuries, before grabbing my face to look at me closer

"That hurt" I mumbled out as I looked her at and saw she started to calm down as she looked at me

"Can you move and stand up?" Christen asked and I nodded as slowly started to move with her help.

She guided me inside and to our couch, where she gently set me down before walking away.

I stared at her confused as disappeared before I relaxed into the couch, already feeling the soreness from the fall.

Christen quickly reappeared with our first aid kit.

"You have a cut on your head" she said as she pulled out the stuff to clean it and fix it.

She wasn't speaking and she had a pretty blank look on her face, is she mad at me I thought.

"Are you mad?" I quietly asked as I flinched from the rubbing alcohol she placed on my cut

"I told you to get down" she said

"I just wanted to put up to the lights. You talked about how much you loved seeing all the different colored light. I even got the color changing ones" I said sadly, I just wanted to do something nice for her I couldn't even do that I thought looking away from her.

"That's why I'm not mad. I just wish you would have listen when I told you, you would hurt yourself" Christen said placing her fingers under my chin, causing me to look back at her and I saw that her face soften

She was smiling down at me and I could see the love in her eyes, causing me to smile back.

"I love the lights and I love you" Christen said leading down and giving me a kiss, which I gladly reciprocate.

"I love you too" I said once we separated, happy she wasn't mad at me

Christen placed a band-aid on my heads before placing the first aid kit on the table.

I watched with a smile as turned around and took a seat on the couch next to me. Before laying down and pulling me with her.

I cuddled into her, taking in her warmth as she gently rubbed circle on my sore back.

"You aren't finishing putting up the lights" Christen said, causing me to lift my head from her chest to protest.

She cut me off with a quick kiss, before saying "we are going to pay someone else to do it"

I looked at her for a second before nodding, I guess that a fair.

I laid back down, snuggling back into her and place my head on her chest.

We spent the rest of the evening here, enjoying each other's company and talking about our plans for Christmas.