+ the soccer player

ENEMIES: MINSEOK X YOU

A/N: A scene in here is kinda inspired by @euwonlol /hart hart/ I LUFF HER EXO ONE SHOTS /le sends sarang/ anyways, enjoy baozis!

+

You tired yourself out with the soccer practice since sports day got you worked up on getting competitive with the opposing team. In order to calm that side of you, practice was much needed to prove to yourself -- and everyone, that you were good enough to pass the team. What you were anxious about was this was a mixed game. Meaning girls and boys will compete against each other and there was one person who filled your mind with doubts and made you feel uneasy. Almost like you felt that he would beat you at what you do best. His name was Kim Minseok, rather he was known by his screen name, Xiumin. He might've been silent and seemed polite and nice, Xiumin drove you to the point that you were frustrated with yourself more than him. One thing that bothered you so much was the rude insults that he threw at you whenever he could watch you practice -- or anywhere even. Currently, you and your team were practicing or improving skills while the boys team was sitting on the bench, waiting for your turn to be over. It composed of Kai, Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Minho, Kyuhyun, Onew, Key and Ryeowook. While the female soccer team consist of you (Yoonhye), Sunny, Eunji, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Luna, Amber, Wendy and Seulgi. "Go Go!" Luhan shouted at you guys with his usual lively smile. Of course, you smile back with a flashing thanks in your expression. Xiumin, beside him, scoffed and rolled his eyes. He felt annoyed that you smiled at Luhan yet he doesn't get any smiles back. But then again, when did he ever smile at you without sarcasm?

Finally, your team was done but without any warning, your wrist was pulled to the changing area with a shocked expression on your face. "I'm Xiumin." You scoffed and did the eye-roll always reserved for the idiotic-doings of Xiumin. "I knew that already. Now why am I here, you baozi?" He smiled confidently with that smirk of his that plainly bored you. "You're here, because I want you to be." Xiumin paused while his smirk faded into a blank face. "A thing i've noticed is that I'm the only person you don't call by any name actually." He lifted his gaze to meet your dazzling eyes but in his eyes, all left there was the feeling of dissapointment and hurt. No sense of arrogance or consciense of fighting back. "Even if you just call me Minseok or simply Xiumin, it would be the best birthday present ever. It would be marked the most amazing day of my life." You felt only a small amount of pity but the rest was just your feeling flying all over the place and you yourself didn't know what his point was. "O-okay, all I want for my birthday is for you to call me X-xiumin."

You stared at him with wide eyes. Simply stating that all he wanted for his special day was for his name to escape from your lips. It wasn't hard, was it? But you had doubts if Xiumin was faking all of this to prank you -- but then again, Xiumin doesn't prank. "Please," He pleaded, desperate that he was tempted to kneel down and cry. "M-minseok," You spat out. Xiumin gasped inaudibly, standing up from the ground and patted his knees. "Y-you called me by my actual name. Why?" You innocently replied, "Simply because Xiumin is not you, it's a screen name. You're Minseok, no matter how much you try to be someone else." You sighed inbetween. "So stop acting already, I said your name. Now can I go?"

Even before he could reply, you drifted off yourself as he stood still on the sams spot. But, you weren't done just yet.

Running home, you accidentally bump into someone. You quickly apologized to the person but this person held you back. Much like Xiumin's grip, the person made you twirl to be able to see each other's faces clearly. "I wasn't acting, I really do want you. More than anything in the world." He stated with a tone that made you think twice. If he was acting, he could've just stated there on the same spot doing something rather than chasing you down to your street. "More than anything in the world?" He nodded. You giggled, "Even if it means losing on the soccer match?" Xiumin shook his head rapidly, "Not that far Yoonhye!" You pouted, he chuckled and ruffled your silky hair.

"Of course, even if I lose during the soccer match."

+

A/N: HOW WAS IT? I TRIED. IM SORREH BC IM RUSHING BC MY PHONE IS LOW BAT AND I DUN HAVE A CHARGER OKAY. AUTHOR NIM CANT REALLY USE PUNCTUATION RIGHT NOW BUT ILY ALL THANKS FOR LIKE 42K READS AND OVER 500 VOTES AND 100 COMMENTS OR SOMETHING THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ILYASFM.

- andii