1.8

haewon was anxious, anxious because it seemed like she lost her special connection with donghyuck.

but he was right.

doyoung could've gotten killed, and there they are laughing because he wanted ice cream.

the boys looked at haewon, obviously worried.

haewon stayed silent after talking to donghyuck, she always kept her head down and wouldn't respond to any of the jokes.

they somehow knew that donghyuck did something that made haewon's mood down and sad and they were ready to talk to him.

after cracking more jokes, the doctor gave them the permission to leave the hospital and the boys nodded, well some, specifically chenle, celebrated like a little kid who got the permission to have candy.

they walked to the elevator, all of them fitting at once, and mark pressed the button to the ground floor.

they were still cracking jokes while they were on the elevator, just to cheer haewon up.

"guys what is the tallest building in the world?" jisung asked and jeno immediately answered.

"well duh it's burj khalifa" he said and the latter just hit his face with his palm while shaking his head lightly as he patted his hyung's back.

"jeno hyung how many times do i have to tell you? don't take jokes literally dude" jisung said and chenle nodded, agreeing to what jisung had just said.

"there's a reason we call you nojam" chenle responded, earning a glare from doyoung.

"you just don't have his same level of humor" doyoung defended his so-called son before continuing, "i have a joke too"

"what is it hyung?" the boys asked.

"why are engineers confused with halloween and christmas?" he asked and the boys furrowed their eyes.

"why?" they all said in unison and doyoung thought it was weird although it was common.

"it involves two number systems known as octal and decimal that have different bases. basically, octal 31, which can be abbreviated to october 31, is equal to decimal 25 or december 25" he explained at the boys gave him a stank eye, well except for jeno of course.

"you know, i don't appreciate smart people's jokes" renjun retorted as doyoung awkwardly laughed at him while patting his back hardly.

"well then thank you for calling me smart, renjun" doyoung said and his gummy smile showed off.

"i didn't call you smart, i called the smart people smart" he snickered and doyoung's patting became stronger.

"but you just told me?" doyoung commented as renjun grunted since doyoung was actually strong and powerful and him patting renjun's back wasn't helping.

"i didn't tell YOU specifically though" he said and got hold of doyoung's arm.

"pfft fine" he scoffed and crossed his arms like a kid.

but despite all those jokes, haewon didn't budge. she was still on her trance, living on her own world.

and it seemed like that world is donghyuck.

mark recognized her odd behavior still, he was curious as to why she was acting this way. 

it was definitely obvious that donghyuck and haewon weren't on good terms, but why? they were fine in the morning.

ding.

the elevator reached the last floor and mark quickly ran outside, overtaking the others as they looked at him with confusion.