[Chapter Fourteen]

He used to feel chills when he got angry.

Now, he could only feel burning hatred inside of his soul.

Stoowarb wanted him to sing. He wanted him to get up and sing like nothing was wrong, when he knew full well what was wrong.

He didn't even look sad, either. Did he even care she was dead? Did he cry a single tear?

"I knew that you'd do this, Tawkerr."

No he didn't.

He didn't know anything about him on the inside.

And he was tired of him pretending like he did.

Everybody thought they knew who Tawkerr was. They all labelled him as something. But they couldn't even comprehend what was going on inside of him. 

"There he goes...like a ghost in the night." Hoola murmured.

"You think he feels anything?" Dandidoo asked.

"Probably only anger. He's like an edge lord to the max, y'know? He seems like he'd listen to some pretty edgy music, too." Hoola replied. "Wish he'd loosen up a little, then maybe we could have some fun."

He was grieving. He was angry. And he just wanted to get rid of the last reminder of Parlsona. Her stupid boyfriend.

Once he ran Stoowarb out of Earth Island, he could finally feel at peace, and be alone forever, just like he was meant to.

He finally understood what the multiverse was trying to tell him, after all these years of being repeatedly rejected and lonely. It was trying to tell him that he didn't deserve friends. He didn't deserve love. That he would die alone.

And he accepted it.

How could he not, when all of the evidence was right in front of his eyes, every single day?

The multiverse hated him, just like everybody else. He deserved it. Every bit of it. He lashed out at people that tried to help him. He killed Parlsona. And now, he was going to ruin everything else, too.

It was the only thing he was good at.

-

"Alright everybody, let's take it from the top!"

"Stoowarb, we've been practicing all day!" Furcorn complained. "Can't we take a break?"

Stoowarb chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry guys. I'm just really excited about the performance."

They all shared a laugh, and Mammott grinned.

"So! Stoowarb, did you ever get around to practicing with Tawkerr? How'd it go? How'd he do? Is he gonna help sing at all?"

Stoowarb stood there for a second, and sighed. "He started acting like a real jerk again. I tried to talk to him and help him, but he wouldn't let me."

"Oh well. Can't please them all." Noggin shrugged. "Besides, it's not like one monster not singing is gonna mess up the entire song."

"You'd be surprised..." Stoowarb muttered to himself, making everyone frown.

Sure, he was angry at Tawkerr, and really hated him, but he was hoping that he'd at least try to pitch in with the song.

"Stoobo, you can't let one asshole ruin the entire song for you." Rare Pango comforted him. "You're excited for this night. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be great. And we're all gonna have a good time together."