Chapter Thirty Two

"Where the hell are we?" Minho murmured in awe, scanning his torch over the building. It seemed to be abandoned, but it was also much bigger than where they were just stood, so it wasn't farfetched to wonder if there were people in a different part of the building.

"We gotta go." Thomas immediately took off walking, Florence following quickly, knowing it would not be long before WCKD stumbled upon the place.

"No. Thomas, stop." Teresa called, causing them both and Minho - who had followed them out of blind trust - to stop in their tracks.

"We gotta keep moving." Thomas reiterated, but Teresa was glued to the spot, her arms folded over her chest.

"Teresa, they're going to find us." Florence added, beginning to grow agitated.

"Tell me what's going on." She demanded stubbornly, and Thomas walked back towards her. Florence realised they had never explained what actually happened, just simply trusted them without a second thought.

"It's WCKD. They lied to us. We never escaped." Thomas casted a look to Florence and Aris, adding that, "We found bodies. Too many to count."

Minho's eyes darted to the girl questioningly, as if he wanted her to confirm or deny Thomas's words. "What do you mean? Dead bodies?"

She shook her head, her mouth clamped shut, still in shock and too horrified to explain. Thomas noticed this, nudging her arm ever so gently before speaking. "No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them. They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WCKD wants. Something in our blood."

"Maybe they think we have a Cure - for the Flare." Florence added, theorising immediately like always. It was impossible for her to be in a situation without making theories about it. Thomas nodded in agreement with her words, adding that,

"They're pretty much killing them. So we have to get as far away as possible." 

"Okay." Newt said simply, his eyes still on Thomas, watching him expectantly. "So, what's the plan?"

When Thomas said nothing in reply, instead just squirmed uncomfortably from the unwanted attention, Newt's eyebrows began to furrow in anger, annoyance and impatience.

"You do have a plan, right?" He asked again, and Thomas sheepishly ran a hand through his hair, mumbling,

"Yeah. I don't know."

Newt looked furious now, and Florence fidgeted with her hands to distract herself from the growing tension. Thomas couldn't look at him out of fear.

"Well, we followed you out here, Thomas, and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going, or what we're doing." Newt's voice cracked and Florence bit back a laugh at the worse time. And then she remembered that WCKD was after them and they had nowhere to go. It was quite easy to avoid laughing then.

"Wait. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army." Aris spoke up, and then the girl's eyes lit up. With a smile, she replied,

"The Right Arm."

"The Right Arm." Thomas confirmed. The others looked between the three of them, rather confused as to what they were talking about.

 "If they're really against WCKD, maybe they can help us." 

Everyone's eyes instantly turned to Newt as if for permission, who looked a little taken aback that he had automatically taken role of the mother of the group. He relaxed his eyes again, looking to Thomas to say,