forty four

dongju woke up the next day to find himself waking up on an armchair. his face felt all sticky and he felt suffocated.

he cried himself to sleep last night after geonhak left. he didnt know what love was, how could he know whether he loved him or not?

dongju rubbed his eyes and got up. after freshening up he decided to go to the park for a little walk, to clear his mind.

he was walking with no sense of direction, just roaming around in circles when he came across a bench and plopped himself onto it. he sighed. dongju's mind automatically started thinking about geonhak.

was hakkie okay? was he sad? was he crying? he couldn't help thinking about the older male no matter how hard he tried. he then asked himself.

could he, at this moment imagine his life without geonhak in it? could he stop thinking about the male entirely? could he bear to even think about how sad the older might be?

the answer was no for all three of those questions.

did he feel safe with geonhak? did he feel loved? was he happy with him?

the answer for those questions were yes

could he imagine a life with him in the future?

dongju didnt know. although deep down he knew what the answer was, he was too scared to admit it. everything was happening so fast that the boy didnt know where to begin.

what is love?

love is complex. a mix of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another person.

dongju let out a frustrated sigh and put his phone down. even the internet didnt have a proper answer for him.

he then realized that it was an emotion that couldn't be described. one could only feel it and then they'd know.

dongju went back home and watched tv, trying to get his mind off of geonhak. he was unsuccessful. all he had been thinking about the entire day was geonhak.

geonhak geonhak geonhak.

many hours later, the male dragged himself to bed and plopped onto his mattress.
he brushed his hands against the soft covers and sighed.

he knew.

he knew what love felt like.

-x-

a/n: hihihi I hope you all are having a great day :D