forty seven

geonhak stuttered, "y-you do?" the nauseous feeling in his gut had disappeared and the heaviness in his chest had gone.

"I do," dongju's eyes glistened. "I love you," he said as he took a step closer.
"which is why I have to let you go. I hurt you too much geonhak, just because I couldn't come to terms with my feelings. it's best we end it here, before I hurt you too much."

tears were welling up behind geonhak's eyes again, the previous heaviness had now been replaced with rage, "don't you fucking understand, dongju? you're hurting me right now by saying all this," he bellowed

dongju's lip started trembling, "I-I know, I'm sorry."

geonhak softened. he cupped dongju's face. "don't you get it, princess. I cant live without you," his voice cracked at the last sentence.

"you're everything to me. you're the reason I wake up in the morning, you're the reason I do anything. you're the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of before I go to sleep. fuck, dongju I love you so much."

a tear trickled down dongju's cheek. "I love you so much too, gono huck."

the two males smiled tear filled smiles and embraced. geonhak pulled back and met his lips with dongju. they were salty because of his tears.

"dongju?"

"yes hakkie?"

"stand by me?"

dongju smiled, "always." and kissed geonhak.

-x-

the two were cuddling on the couch, searching for something to watch when dongju's phone started ringing.

"hello?"

"dongju, is everything okay?"

"yes it is, dont worry geonhak and I are good now. thanks woongie,"

"anytime," dongju suddenly heard a muffled voice coming from the other line calling hwanwoong. it sounded like youngjo.

"I see someone's busy," dongju said cheekily through the phone.

hwanwoong on the other line frowned. "shut up, you dont even know what's going on."

dongju was about to say something when hwanwoong cut the call.

"he and youngjo are really at it huh," chuckled geonhak as he wrapped his arm around dongju's waist and pulled him close.

"do you want it to be the same way with us?" geonhak's lips were inches apart from dongju as he whispered these words, causing goosebumps to rise on dongju's arms.

geonhak gently held dongju's chin and pulled him close. their lips were just about to meet when dongju laughed and pushed him away.

"stop teasing me hakkie," he giggled and then placed his head on geonhak's lap as the older gently stroked his hair.

-x-

it was late, and the two decided to crash. the next morning found geonhak and dongju cuddling, with dongju's head on his chest and geonhak's arm wrapped around the younger's waist.

they were happy. they loved each other.

everything seemed right.

-x-

this chapter is dedicated to sondongjuxion happy birthday ilysm angel 🥺🤩