𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3: 𝓕𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

I taught Dally how to take care of Ella and he was feeding her right now. The boys and I stared in awe at the fact Dally was willingly holding and feeding a child. He would look up at me every now and then and I would feel my face grow warmer and warmer each time. "I'm going outside for a bit, Dally can I have a smoke?" I asked. He nodded.

"They're in my pocket." He said. Damn it. I hesitated but I put my hand in his jeans pocket and took the carton. "The matches are inside." He added. I nodded and I went outside. I sat on the steps and took out a cancer stick. I then noticed something scratched out with a pen on the inside of the top of the carton. I couldn't tell what it was so I ignored it and lit my stick. I put the carton in my pocket and I looked at the stars as I took a hit from it. I could hear the boys teasing Dally but then I heard something that scared the hell out of me.

"So when are you going to tell her?" Darry asked.

"Tell her what?" Dally asked.

"Come on Dally, we can all tell you dig her. Hell you are taking care of a baby for her." Two-bit said.

"Yeah Dal I mean how could you not dig her, have you seen her." Steve said. I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Watch how you talk about her." Dally sighed. "I don't have feelings for her." I heard him sigh again. "Man I don't know, I just don't trust myself, what if I hurt her?" Dally asked.

"Then we'll beat your ass after she beats you first." Ponyboy said.

"Dal you won't know if you don't try." Johnny said. I heard Dally sigh once again.

"Fine, I'll try but, it needs to be perfect." I smiled.

"Go now, she is sitting under the stars, alone, and having a smoke." Soda suggested. My eyes widened. I was so scared.

"I can't, I'm watching Ella." Dally said.

"I can take her, I've raised my brothers." Darry said.

"Fine, screw you guys." I looked inside the cancer stick carton and looked at the markings on the top. I lit a match and held it up to the top. I was able to make out the writing as the initials, "E.R.G." Those are my initials! I smiled and I heard the door open and I sat there looking at the sky pretending I didn't hear their conversation. Dally sat next to me and I smiled up at him and handed him the carton. He took it and he lit a cancer stick. We sat there in silence as we looked at the stars.

"It's beautiful out here isn't it." I smiled.

"Sure." He said.

"Sure?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I just don't look at the sky." He shrugged.

"Well just try." I said. He sighed and looked up. We looked up there for a while when...

"Ev, I have feelings for you." He said, still looking up.

" I know." I smiled, looking at him.

"Wait what?" His eyes widened and he looked at me.

"The window is open." I pointed to the window.

"Shit." He whispered. "I'm sorry." He apologised.

"Don't be sorry." I set my smoke on the ground. I grabbed the collar of his brown leather jacket and pulled him down to me and I smashed my lips against his. It felt different. It felt, well...it felt right. I felt him kiss back more passionetly, clearly establishing his dominance which made me smile. I separated and I smiled at him. "Don't be sorry, because I feel the same way." I put my forehead on his. He smiled and he pecked me on the cheek. I finished my smoke and put it out and so did Dally. We then went back inside and the boys hugged us. I laughed at their reaction to Dally and I telling each other. It then clicked. "Darry where is Ella?" I asked. He pointed down the hall and I sighed. I nodded and I walked into the bedroom I walked in earlier. She was asleep on the bed. I smiled and closed the door behind me as I went back into the living room. Dally sat on the couch and I sat on his lap putting my legs over the armrest while Dally held me. Pony and Johnny also got the couch while the rest brought chairs from the kitchen or sat on the floor. "What are we watching?" I asked Dally.

"I think Soda mentioned it was I Love Lucy or something like that." He answered. I nodded and I rested my head on his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat. I felt so relaxed that I fell asleep. I never thought that I would fall for him but deep down I feel like I had fallen a long time ago. When he had girls in the past I would always get mad or bug him about it but it was always to protect him from doing something stupid but I guess I was keeping him from getting hurt. Like when this one girl was two timing him when he was in the cooler can you guess what I did when I found out? Yup I beat her ass and he dumped her after, he actually never knew that I did that but who cares at this point. Dal and I are both very protective over things we care about especially of each other. I know he has other sides to him that he doesn't show anyone but I hope we can show our true sides.