𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 18: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽 (𝓟𝓽. 3)

A few months later...

~Ev's Pov~

I woke up to Ella crying. I waited for my parents to take her but nobody came. I got up and I walked out of my shared room and to my parents room. Their drawers in the dresser we're empty and I ran to the window. Their car was gone. I ran to my room and picked Ella up. I bounced her up and down and she spit up on me. I groaned and I put her back in her crib and I changed. I decided to go to Buck's to find Dally. I grabbed my backpack and I put Ella in it and left it partly unzipped so she could breath. I then made her a bottle and  I walked to Buck's place. I walked through the sin filled room upstairs to Dally's room. I put my ear to the door and heard quiet. I sighed in relief and I knocked on the door. I watched the door open to a shirtless Dally. I stared for a second but looked up at his sleepy eyes. "Hey doll." He yawned. "Happy birthday." He smiled.

"Hey and thanks." I said solemnly.

"What's wrong?" He took my hand and brought me inside and closed the door.

"They left." I felt tears build up in my eyes, which was a rare thing to happen to me.

"Who left?" He asked.

"My parents." I felt a tear escape and I quickly wiped it away. He hugged me and rubbed my back. I broke and started crying. Suddenly I heard someone else crying. I looked up at Dally and he had a confused look on his face. I then remembered Ella was in my bag. I let Dally go and I set my backpack on his bed. I opened it all the way and I took her out of the bag. Dally looked at me weirdly.

"Is that yours?" He asked.

"Dal, relax, this is my little sister." I rocked her back and forth until she fell back to sleep. I put her on his bed and I looked at him. His body was tense. "Sorry Dal." I apologised. He nodded.

"So what are you going to do since they left?" He asked.

"Dropout of school and get a job." I sighed.

"No. Ev you're smart and you could have a future, I think you should stay in school." He squeezed my shoulders.

"Dal I need to feed her and myself, keep our home, and pay for other things. I need to drop out plus you arent my parents, you can't tell me what to do, of all people I thought you'd understand." I whispered.

"I do understand." He whispered back. "I just don't want you to turn out like me." He had guilt in his eyes.

"Dal, I've been like you even before I moved here." I admitted. "You don't need to protect me, I can fend for myself." I hugged him. "I thank you for caring about me though." I felt him hug me tighter and he put his head on mine. We stayed like that for a while before I looked up at him. "Dal promise me something." I said.

"Anything." He whispered.

"Promace me that you won't make me your main priority." I sighed.

"Ev-"

"You said anything." I interrupted him. He sighed.

"I can't promise you that, you are my best friend and I care about you, if anything were to happen to you I'll...I'll kill myself." His voice was hurt. I've never seen him like this, it kind of scared me. "Now I want you to promise me something." He said sternly. I nodded. "You won't act like me anymore, so that means no more fights, stealing, pick pocketing, dining and dashing, mugging, or using your charm to get anything you want." He said. I thought about it. I was going to need to be a mother figure for my little sister. I don't want her growing up to act like Dally and I.

"Aight' I promise." I sighed. He hugged me once again and I stayed with him that night. I layed in his bed with Ella while he had the floor. I felt guilty he had to sleep on the floor. I saw him shift around a bit. "Dal you awake?" I asked.

"Yeah, you?" He asked. I giggled. "What's up?" He asked.

"I want you up here with me." I admitted.

"Yeah?" He smirked. I nodded sheepishly. He got up and got in next to me. I moved Ella in between us. "Night Ev." Dally whispered.

"Night Dal." I whispered back. I closed my eyes and held Ella. I wasn't able to sleep before but now it was easy. Right before I knew it I woke up to Dally changing.

"Come on Freckles lets go, I'm starving man." He said.

"Are you serious Dal?" I asked, slightly irritated. He nodded and tossed me his leather jacket. I sighed and got up. I put his jacket on and picked Ella up. I put her back in my bag and Dally shot me a look.

"You're really going to put her in there again?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have nothing else, plus why do you care if you don't like little kids." I said.

"Well she's your sister and therefore, I should care about her safety." He crossed his arms and leaned against the door. This was a whole new side of him and I loved it.

"Well then you should carry her." I smirked at him.

"No she's yours not mine. You carry her yourself." He shook his head.

"Alright suit yourself." I walked over to Dally and pushed him to the side so I could walk out of his room. I walked downstairs and walked past all the people. I then felt my wrist grabbed and I turned expecting Dally but it was Dally's buddy Tim Shepard.

"Hey." He winked at me. It made me uncomfortable.

"Hi." I said with evident nervousness in my voice.

"So I'm Tim Shepard and you are?" He raised an eyebrow.

"E-Ev G-Garcia." I stuttered.

"Well Garcia, you want a ride? I have a car outside if you want to get out of here." I felt his hand grab my ass. I tensed up and he smirked at me. That smirk that showed his intentions, a smirk that showed he was trouble. I've gotten that smirk from Dally but this time I felt scared.

"Tim Shepard." A familiar voice said from behind me. I smiled knowing what was going to happen. I turned to see the one and only Dallas Winston standing behind me. I hugged him and stood behind him.

"Hey Dallas." Tim smiled.

"Are you hitting on my friend here?" Dally asked.

"A little." He chuckled.

"A little? You grabbed my ass!" I snapped.

"Now you're tough when your masters here?" He scoffed. "Good job with this broad Winston, she's your pet or what?" He asked. I went to hit him but Dally held me back.

"No, she's just a friend, now we have to go, see you around." Dally took my hand and dragged me out of the building.

"What the hell?! Aren't you going to kick his face in or something? If not at least let me do it." I whined.

"No but hand me your blade." He held his hand out. I sighed and gave him my knife. I watched him walk over to a car and slash the tires. I smirked. Dally took my hand and hopped on a motorcycle that he "borrowed" and we rode away. We rode to Pony's house and I talked to Steve and Sodapop about the job. They said yes! I start tomorrow at the DX. Who needs parents when you have amazing friends like my gang.