𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8: 𝓐𝓵𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

I woke up in the hospital and a nurse smiled at me."Hi Evelina how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm alright, where is Dally and Ella?" I asked.

"Oh you mean the boy with the baby, he went to the cafeteria." She said. I nodded. "Well I came to change your bandages so will you please sit up?" She asked. I tried and I was able to but with a little pain. She undid my gown and she unwrapped my chest. I sat there awkwardly as she wrapped my bare chest again. Weirdest feeling ever. There was then a knock at the door and the nurse opened it. It was Dally and my sister, I then remembered that my chest was still showing.

"Looking good baby." He winked. I rolled my eyes and the nurse came back and finished wrapping me up.

"Do you need anything else?" She asked. I shook my head and she left. I yawned and I laid down again. Dally got in the small bed with me. I smiled at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better." I said as I started to play with his hair.

"That's good, how long till you get out of here?" He asked.

"Tomorrow then I have to come back in a couple weeks to remove the stiches." I sighed.

"Well your birthday is coming up, what do you want so I can save up?" He asked.

"Babe you don't need to get me anything." I smiled.

"Bull, you want something and you're just saying that so you sound humble." He smirked.

"Well you know me." I pecked him on the nose. "I don't really care what you get me, surprise me." I smiled.

"Fine." He smiled.

"So where are the others?" I asked.

"Pony is at school, Johnny is with Two-bit somewhere and Darry, Soda and Steve are working. So I have babysitting duty and I also have to watch Ella." He chuckled. I smacked him playfully. There was then a knock on the door and Dally went and answered it. It was a nurse.

"Evelina, your parents are here to see you." She said.

"What?" My eyes widened. I then saw them. They rushed over to me and they hugged me and kissed me. I pushed them away. "Dal can you give us a minute?" I asked. He nodded and left. "Ma, dad, why are you here?" I asked.

"We came for you and your sister but then we heard that you were shot." My mom said.

"Wait, why did you come to get us?" I asked.

"We're moving back to California and we're taking you two with us." My dad said.

"No." I sighed.

"What?" They asked in unison.

"I'm happy here, I have a life going on here, I-"

"What life? Evelina we went to your house and there was an eviction notice, and you dropped out of school." My mom sighed.

"Well, I had to sacrifice a lot when you left. I had to drop out and get a job to be able to feed Ella and myself, I even had three jobs to try and get the house back but guess what? Leaving a 14 year old child with a one year old is hard and hell, it's traumatizing, I've been more of a parent to her then you two combined. I know I got evicted, I know I'm lying in a hospital bed because I got shot, but that's because you left us. Left us with a little note asking me for forgiveness. Well I don't forgive you and I am happy with the life I created here. I have a great boyfriend who I love with all my heart, a sister that I treat like she's my own child, and a gang that cares and respects me. You might not see what I have here, but I will never move in with you again and I'm staying here." I snapped. They looked at each other and they slapped me.

"You better watch your mouth." My mom said.

"Make me!" I yelled. She smacked me again. Dally then rushed inside and stood in front of me protectively.

"Ella." My mom smiled. She reached for her but Dally kept her away.

"Don't touch her." Dally growled.

"Well If it isn't Dallas Winston, god I knew you were a bad influence on her." My mom said.

"Nurse!" I yelled. One came rushing in. "Get them out." I said. She escorted my parents out and I held Dally close as I cried.

"What did they say to you?" He asked.

"They want me to move to California with them." I said.

"What did you say?" He rubbed circles on my back.

"I told them no, and Ella and I are staying here." I sighed.

"Alright. I think we should find a place so I can make sure you and Ella are alright." He said.

"So like move in together?" I asked. He nodded. "Alright we can find a place." I sighed." We can look at some places after I get out of here." I smiled. He smiled back and pecked my lips.

"I'm sorry that they did this to you." He said. I nodded and I took Ella from Dally. I held her and she grabbed the necklace that was still around my neck. "Well that didn't quite work now did it." Dally scoffed.

"Well I'm alive right?" I smiled.

"True, alright maybe it's not too useless." He smiled. There was another knock at the door and Dally opened it. The nurse came in and smiled.

"I have been given instruction that you can go home since you are doing a lot better." She smiled. She handed me two orange bottles. "Take two of these every time you feel pain and take four of these when you eat." She said. I nodded and she helped me up. I was given a pair of clothes that Dally had brought when he came this morning. I changed and I left with two of my favorite people. Dally and Ella.