𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 17: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽 (𝓟𝓽. 2)

~Dally's Pov~

I hopped off the train from New York to Tulsa. I was back to the little town that knew me. I walked down the streets and to Pony, Soda, and Darry's house. I then noticed the boys were fighting some Socs. I smirked and ran over. I punched a Soc in the face and as the cowards hopped in their car I grabbed a large branch and tossed it at their car and we chased them as they drove away. I walked over and leaned on a car as Darry scolded his kid brother, Ponyboy. They then noticed I was standing here and they greeted me.

"Hey Dally." Steve smiled.

"Hey man." I lit a cancer stick and walked over to Pony and Johnny.

"Hey Dal." Pony said shakily.

"Hey kid." I then looked at Johnny.

"Hey man." I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Hey." I put him in a headlock and ruffled up his hair. We walked back to Pony's place and hung out for a while. It was almost dark when I stood up and stretched. "Well boys I'm going to dine and dash at that Mexican place a couple blocks down, anyone wanna join me?" I asked as I walked to the door. They all declined so I walked there alone. I told a hostess that I wanted a table and she brought me to a little booth. She bit her lip as she looked me up and down. I smirked and winked at her. Her cheeks turned bright red and she handed me a menu and left. I chuckled to myself and looked at the menu. I noticed a figure walk up to my table and I looked up. A girl stood there and she smiled at me. I looked her up and down. She was short with tan skin. Her eyes were chocolate brown that went with her dark curly hair that was up in a ponytail. Her face was covered with freckles. I smiled at her. She was very good looking. She told me her name is Ev and she brought me my drink and food after I ordered. I don't know what but something about her was different about the other girls I hit on. She seemed more tough, like when I called her doll she didn't take it she shot me down which made me want her more. So when I lifted up her skirt he punched me in the nose. It hurt like hell and I realized it was bleeding. I respected her a little more now but I wanted her more now, to know who she was. When she went to walk away I grabbed her hand and told her that I was sorry and that I want to get to know her and she sat down with me.

"So what do you want to know?" Ev asked.

"I've never seen you around, and If I saw you before I would've remembered." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah I just moved here from California." She started to fiddle with a napkin. I nodded.

"California, I've never been, what's it like there?" I asked.

"Well It was nice where I lived. Nice weather we lived like 30 minutes from the beach." She sighed.

"So are you some surfer girl then?" I smirked. She scoffed.

"I surf a little." She smirked at me.

"So how come you moved here?" I asked.

"Um..." She looked behind her and she stood up. "I have to go." She sighed.

"Oh, well can we hang out after your shift?" I asked. She hesitated but nodded. "Cool, meet me at the park after your shift." I said. She nodded and started to walk away. She then stopped and turned to me.

"I never got your name." She smiled.

"The names Dallas Winston." I winked at her. She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Well I'll see you later Dallas Winston." She winked at me and walked away. I chuckled and ate my dinner. After I ate I paid and left. I walked to the park and I sat on the play structure as I waited. After a while I saw a figure walking over. Sure enough it was Ev. "Hey." She smiled and sat next to me.

"Hey" I smiled back. "So to continue our conversation from before." I started. Her leg started bouncing and her eyes seemed nervous. "So you going to school here?" I asked, avoiding her past. She sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm a freshman since I skipped a grade." She said. She's smart.

"Cool, so you're what 14?" I asked.

"13." She looked down.

"Hey don't be ashamed about being 13." I lifted her chin up and gave her a soft smile.

"Thanks...You know, you're not too bad, well after I give you a bloody nose but you're pretty sweet." She smirked. I chuckled.

"Well you have a good hit and you need to get to know me more then if you think I'm sweet, I've been to the cooler more than a few times so I'm not so sweet." I got closer to her. I was around a foot taller than her and she looked up at me. I went to lean in but she turned her face. She smirked and ruffled my hair.

"I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked.

"Tomorrow." I smiled.

"Great." She got off the play structure and she started to walk away. "Bye Dal!" She yelled, not even bothering to turn to me.

"Bye Ev!" I yelled back. I watched her ass as she walked away and when she was out of sight I sighed happily. She's great. I need to tell the guys about her! I got up and ran to the Curtis house. The boys were still there so I threw the door open. They all jumped and looked at me with concern.

"What did you do now?" Darry asked.

"Nothing I met this girl, and guys I think you will love her." I smiled excitedly.

"Let me guess you hooked up with her right?" Soda asked.

"No." I shot him a look. Two-bit got up and examined my face.

"You sure you're feeling well? Are you sick? How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked, holding up two fingers. I flipped him off. "That's wrong but that's a Dally answer." He turned to the group.

"So was this girl not hot or something?" Steve asked.

"Oh, god she was hot," I made hand gestures referring to her breasts. "Her-" I received a look from Darry and he nodded over to Johnny and Pony. "She was good looking and she has a great personality, and get this, she's one of us." I smiled.

"And why didn't you hook up with her?" Pony asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged the question off. "We're meeting tomorrow at the park again so why don't you come with me?" I asked. They agreed and we planned to meet up with Ev tomorrow.