𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 27: 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻

~Ev's Pov~

Today was Carla's 3rd birthday. I was alone with Carla and Ella while Dal took the boy's to look for presents and a birthday cake. Ella was chasing Carla around when I heard a pound, followed by, "Ow, Ewa! What the f-"

"Carla!" I snapped. I walked over and Carla was on the ground with Ella standing over her. "Carla no cussing." I said.

"Sowy ma. It's just she gets to cuss and she's 5." She held up three fingers.

"Honey, that's three, and who gave you permission to cuss?" I asked Ella.

"Dally." Ella said.

"Well I'm going to have a talk with him. No more cussing until you're ten aight'?"I raised an eyebrow.

"Aight.'" They said in unison. I smiled.

"Well how about you two play catch in the yard or something, I still need to cook and Dally will be back with the gang." I said. They nodded.

"Wace you!" Carla shouted, while running outside.

"No fair!" Ella ran after her. I smiled and shook my head. I continued to cook Carla's favorite, steak and mashed potatoes. The phone then started to ring. I walked over and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Ev, you need to meet us at the hospital. Dally was shot!" Pony said with evident fear in his voice.

"I'll be right there." I said and hung up. I took the food off the stove and I put my shoes on. "Girls come inside!" I yelled. They ran inside and their smiles faded when they saw my face. "Get your shoes on quickly we need to go." I said on the verge of tears. Ella put hers on and I helped Clara with hers. We then got in my Camaro and I drove as fast as I could to the hospital. When we got there the boys were waiting in the waiting room.

"You brought the kids?" Steve asked.

"Well I can't leave them home alone." I snapped. "Where is he?" I asked.

"They're removing the bullet right now." Johnny said.

"What happened?" Carla asked. I kneeled down to her and looked her in the eyes.

"Carla honey, um..your dad..." How do I tell her this without her crying? "He was shot." Carla started to cry. Damn it.

"Ma is he okay? Is he going to die?" She sobbed.

"No baby, he's going to make it, he's strong." I held her close as she cried. I was on the verge of tears but I had to keep it together for Carla and Ella. A doctor walked out of a room and over to us.

"Dallas is alright and is going to wake up soon. The bullet hit just under his heart and hit no arteries so he got pretty lucky. Are you his wife?" He asked. I nodded. "Alright, and I'm guessing these are your children."

"Yes sir." I smiled. Carla walked up to the doctor and hugged his leg.

"Thank you for helping my daddy sir." She sniffed.

"You're welcome, what's your name little one?" He asked.

"I'm Carla Rose Winston sir." She smiled proudly. He smiled.

"Nice to meet you I'm dr. Bahar." He said. "What about your sister she doesn't talk much huh?" He asked. Carla looked confused.

"Ma do I have a sister?" She asked me.

"No honey." I said. "This is my younger sister." I put my hand on Ella's shoulder.

"Oh. Well what's your name?" He asked.

"The name's Ella Catherine Garcia sir." Ella said.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled down at her. He then looked at me. "I didn't get your name."

"I'm Evelina Winston." I smiled. He nodded.

"Well it's nice to meet you and your family, I hope your husband gets better." He then walked away. I kneeled down to Carla.

"See I told you he was going to be okay." I gave her a soft smile. She smiled back and hugged me. I picked her up and I held her close.

"You know, before you were born I was shot three times before." I said. Her eyes widened.

"Welly?" I nodded. She looked over at the gang.

"It's true and she almost died once." Darry said. Her eyes somehow widened even more.

"Yeah, it was scary for all of us." I sighed. A nurse walked over and gave us a soft smile.

"You can see Mr. Winston now." She said. The name made all of us cringe. We followed her to a room and Dally looked over at us. He smiled at us.

"Daddy!" Carla exclaimed.

"Hi baby girl." He smiled. I put Carla on his bed and she hugged him. "Hey." He smirked.

"What?" She smirked back.

"Happy birthday kid." He ruffled up her hair. She fixed her hair and smiled.

"Thank you daddy." She smiled.

"Hey Ella, babe, guys." He smiled. I walked over and I pecked him on the lips.

"I'm glad you're okay, I was so scared." I admitted.

"Ev Garcia scared?" He scoffed.

"Dal, I'm only human, plus my last name is Winston remember." I smirked.

"Right." He nodded. He took my hand and kissed it. "I love you Ev."

"I love you too." I smiled.

"Well aren't you two adorable!" Two-Bit smiled.

"Shut it two." I giggled.

"Daddy, ma told me about when she got shot." Carla said.

"She did?" Dally looked at me.

"Yeah, it was so scary." She yawned.

"Yeah, it was." He said. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get your cake." He apologised.

"It's okay daddy, I just want you to feel better." She then hugged him. Dally smiled and held her close.

"Dal what happened at the store?" I asked.

"This Soc walked up to me and just shot me, I don't know what I did but he sure hates me. I don't remember who it was but I just remember a scar on his hand."

"It was like when you got shot." Darry said. I nodded.

"Do you think it's the same guy?" Soda asked.

"Probably, how many people do you know that have scars on their hands." Steve said.

"Well if it is we need to be very careful to make sure he doesn't kill one of us." I said. They nodded.

"What if he's only going after us?" Ella asked. We all looked at her.

"What do you mean?" Pony asked.

"What if you boys aren't the targets but we are, Dally, Carla, Ev and I. What if they only want us?"