𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 28: 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

~Dally's Pov~

Ever since Ella pointed out that we were being targeted a month ago, Ev and I have been watching the kids more close now just in case Ella was right. While Ev looked for places to start her car garage business, I took the girls to the park to play. I watched Ella teach Carla how to throw a baseball. Ella handed Carla the ball, and I watched her look at the ball then back at Ella. I could tell she was conspericing something. "Carla!" I smirked. She looked at me. "I know what you're thinking so don't even try." She smirked at me and nodded. I felt two arms wrap around me from behind and I smiled. I looked and Ev smiled at me. "Hey babe." I pecked her on the lips.

"Hey mi amor." She looked over at the girls. "What are they doing?" She asked.

"Ella is trying to teach Carla how to throw a baseball." I chuckled.

"Oh that's a job for me, be right back." She pecked me on the cheek and jogged over to the girls. Carla hugged her. I walked over to watch and listen. "Aight' Ella remember how I taught you how to catch?" Ev asked. Ella nodded. "Aight' I want you to run over there and wait for me to throw it." We watched Ella jog farther away. Ev started teaching Carla how to throw the ball. "You want me to show you how I do it?" Ev asked. Carla nodded. I watched Ev take the ball and look over at Ella. She then took a step and threw the ball towards Ella. Ella didn't have a glove so I saw her freak out a bit. She then quickly took her hat off and caught the ball with it. We cheered for her and she ran over. "Nice thinking kid." Ev giggled.

"Well sis you left me no choice." Ella smirked. She handed Ev the ball and ran back over. Ev handed Carla the ball. She had a look of determination and confidence. She then took a step and just like her mother she threw it to Ella. Ella used her hat again and ran over.

"Damn kid good job." I hugged Carla.

"Thank you daddy." She smiled.

"Well since you know how now, you can throw together." Ev smiled. Ella and Carla nodded and got ready to play. Ev and I walked over to a tree and sat under it, watching them. "Dal, I think Ella was right." Ev said. "About the targeting thing."

"What happened?" I asked.

"I almost got jumped but I ran here." She said.

"Ev it could have been a coincidence, you are still young so you look like an easy person to jump." She raised an eyebrow. "Not that you appear weak, you're just good looking."

"Dal, I fear for them, I don't want them to be scared to go outside or to be shot at 3 and 5 years old." She frowned.

"Ev, their greasers, and their parents are us, so their reputation is already as high as ours, they're always going to be targeted for something." I said.

"We aren't Ella's parents but I see what you're saying." She looked back at the girls. I looked over and there was a little boy over there around Ella's age. He then pushed Carla. I went to stand up but Ev kept me down. "She needs to learn." Ev sighed. It hurt me to not help my baby girl. I watched Ella help Carla up and shove him to the ground. Carla hid behind Ella as she got on him and started to hit him repetitively in the face. We then saw red on Ella's hands and we got up. "Ella!" Ev grabbed her and pulled her off the boy. He had a bloody nose. He stood up and stuck his tongue out at her.

"Next time don't push her or you'll get more than a broken nose!" Ella snapped. The boy ran away and I looked at Carla.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Scratched my elbow but I'm okay." I nodded.

"So when we get back home I'm teaching you how to fight." I said. She nodded and hugged me. I picked her up and put her on my shoulders. "We should head back." Ev nodded and we started to walk home. It was getting dark so I put Carla on the floor and we walked quickly and close together. I walked praying that nothing was going to happen but of course something had to happen. A guy grabs Ella and holds her at gunpoint. "Hey man, let her go!" I snapped.

"Not until you give me your money." He said.

"What money?" I asked. He held the gun to Ella's temple and she squirmed.

"Stop moving or I'll shoot you!" He yelled. Ella spit in his face and there was a loud bang. We watched as Ella fell limp to the ground. The guy froze. I looked at him and I tackled him to the ground. I hit him in anger. I wouldn't stop hitting him. I didn't even notice Ev run home with Carla. I beat the guy so much that my knuckles split open. I then got up and he didn't move I checked his hand and sure enough there was a scar. I went to walk away but I turned and kicked him in the head before running home. I walked inside my home and Ev and Carla screamed and cried in each other's arms. I rushed over to them and I cried with them. Ella was like a daughter to me. I got up and went to the phone. I called 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" A woman asked.

"My wife's younger sister was shot dead." I cried.

"Okay sir, I need you to tell me where." She said.

"By the park. The guy should be there, I beat him after he did it." I said.

"Alright I'm sending officers there now." She said.

"Thank you." I then hung up and called the Curtis brothers.

"Hello?" Pony asked.

"Hey Pony." I said.

"Dal are you crying?" He asked.

"Yeah, Pony, I hate to tell you this but Ella's dead." I heard nothing. "She..she was shot." I heard a sob.

"I'll tell the guys." He sniffed.

"Alright." I then hung up and I took Carla to her room. She wasn't even crying now. Her face was emotionless. I set her on her bed and she fell asleep right away. I went downstairs and I held Ev.

"Dal, I was supposed to protect her...Now s-s-she's g-gone." Ev sobbed. "Dal She didn't even get to live her life." I've never seen her this upset and it hurt me more than I already was.

"I know babe, it's not fair and I want her back but we couldn't have done anything." I held her close.

"Dal she was only 5 years old." She whispered. I held her tight. I was weird to think Ella was gone. She was too young to go. "What am I going to tell my parents?"