𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 7: 𝓣𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼

~Ev's Pov~

I woke up in bed with Ella in my arms. She was tugging on my hair. I groaned and tried to sit up but I was so tired. Ella hit me in the face. "Ow, damn girl you got a good hit for a baby." I smiled and I looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand. "4 AM?" I looked at Ella and sighed. I held her close and I started to get up. I had forgotten that I was rooming with Darry and I accidentally woke him up.

"Ev? What time is it?" He asked.

"4." I yawned. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I apologised.

"No you're fine, is it the baby?" He asked. I nodded.

"She's hungry." I sighed.

"She drinks milk right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well we're out of that now she drank the rest of it earlier." I rubbed my temples in frustration.

"Ella go to sleep you do this all the time. I only get a couple hours of sleep a day alright so please go to sleep." I begged her. She just looked at me. "Darry you got any benadryl?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes, but you can't just give her straight up benadryl." He said.

"Well if I don't feed her then she's going to cry and wake up the rest of the damn house and not shut up till she gets fed." I laid back down. He sighed

"I can run out and get milk really quickly." He said.

"Oh my god thank you, can I go with you otherwise I feel guilty." I asked, he nodded. I got up and I put on some jeans and put my jean vest over my tank top. I fixed my messy ponytail and I carried Ella to Pony and Soda's room. Pony was awake reading and I told him to watch her and he did. Darry and I walked to a store that was a block away. I went down an aisle to find some smokes when I heard a loud bang and a pain in my chest grew and I fell. Suddenly everything went black.

~Dally's Pov~

I woke up to Buck knocking on my door. I got up and he handed me the phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Dallas hurry up and meet me at the store near my place Ev was shot." Darry said. Ev was shot?!

"I'll be right there." I quickly got dressed and I ran to my car. I jumped over the door and turned it on and sped off to the store. When I got there there were people everywhere and an ambulance. I ran over to Darry. "Where is she?" I asked with tears streaming down my face. Darry pointed to the store. I ran inside and I saw her being taken away by paramedics and down an aisle there was a large puddle of blood. I followed the paramedics and one of them stopped me. "No let me go with her, she's my girlfriend." I said.

"I'm sorry she can't have anyone with her now." He said.

"Please man?" I begged.

"I'm sorry but she is currently under cardiac arrest and we are trying to return her heart beat." He said. He then ran into the ambulance and they drove away. I got in my car with Darry and we drove to the hospital. I was crying so much it was hard to see the damn road.

"I called the others and Steve is picking them up." Darry said. I nodded.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We ran out of milk for Ella and we went to get some and she went down a separate aisle then me and I heard a gunshot and I didn't see her so I looked for her and I found her lying there. I'm sorry man." He started to cry too. I couldn't lose her. I love her, I've loved her since we first met. What if I lost her? I shoved the thought out of my mind and we made it to the hospital and I watched her get wheeled to another room. I ran to catch up with her but I was stopped by two men. Darry and I sat in the waiting room, waiting for the guys. I cried the whole time. When they showed up they hugged me.

"Where's Ella?" I asked. Ponyboy handed her to me. I held her close and she held my nose again, making me smile softly. For the first time in my life I prayed. I prayed for her to make it, to not leave me. We waited for hours and a nurse finally walked over to us.

"Are you here for Ms. Garcia?" She asked. We all nodded. "So we took out the bullet. It didn't penetrate her heart but it hit an artery so she lost a lot of blood. There is a small chance of her surviving but the chances are very slim. You can see her now, take the time to say goodbye." She said. I ran to the room she came from and there Ev laid. Pale and lifeless. I cried. I have never cried like this in my life. For the first time I was in love and she was taken from me. I pulled a chair up to her bed and held her hand. There was a very faint pulse. I looked at her freckles and her closed eyes that cover her beautiful chocolate brown eyes that would sparkle every time she smiled. I sighed.

"Ev, though our relationship just started, I have loved you since I first met you. You are the best older sister to Ella, you gave up so much for her after your parents left. I promise to take care of Ella and I will tell her all about your life and the adventures we had like the time we stole stuffed animals from the county fair. Or the time you fixed my car. Or the first time you knocked me out." I let out a sob. "Or the time you kissed me for the first time." I cried. The boys all hugged her and cried and sat in the back of the room. I pecked her forehead and held her hand. The pulse that was once there was now gone. My eyes widened. She was gone. I sobbed and buried my face in her legs.

~Ev's Pov~

I woke up to a bright light and I looked around. It was in California, I was at the beach. I turned and my grandma stood there, the thing that confused me most was that she had died a year ago. Then it clicked. I was shot in the chest. I couldn't be dead right? I noticed that I wasn't on the shore of the beach. I was on a huge wave, sanding on a surfboard. I waved at my grandma and she waved back but suddenly I lost my balance and fell. Everything went black again. I opened my eyes and I looked at my hand. Someone was holding my hand and I looked at my legs. I was in a white room and the boys were crying and Dally was holding my hand and his face was buried in my legs. "D-Dally?" My raspy voice said, barely escaping my throat. Dally quickly looked up. His eyes were puffy and red from crying and he looked tired. I looked at the boys and they were all looking at me in surprise. I then noticed my little sister in Dally's free arm. I felt pain in my chest as I tried to sit up.

"Ev!" Dally hugged me. He then planted kisses all over my face. I cried as I held him. The others came up to me and hugged me too. I then saw my sister and I took her from Dally.

"Hi Ella." I barely managed to get out. She put a hand on my forehead. I smiled and pecked her cheek.

"Someone get a nurse." Dally said. Steve walked out of the room. I held Dally close, I never wanted to let go.