𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽 (𝓟𝓽. 1)

I met up with my softball team and they shot me a look. They were all Socs and I was a greaser. You would think it wouldn't matter at the age of 13 but you'd be surprised. The girls looked at me in disgust. They never liked me mainly because I was a greaser and also I transferred from an all boys league and I was more aggressive than they were. "Alright girls time to do your first drill, Evelina go to second base with Maggie." My coach said. I nodded and jogged over to my teammate. She looked at me and took a step away from me. I ignored her gesture and focused on the drill. My coach threw a ball and I went to catch it but Maggie shoved me out of the way and caught it. I looked up at her from the ground and she shot me a snotty smirk. I growled and stood up. I brushed off the dirt from my clothes and walked up to her, getting really close. She was a tall kid, well actually I was just short being only 5,2. I looked up at her and spit in her face.

"EW! The greaser spit on me! I'm going to get a disease!" She yelled. I laughed.

"Disease? God how dirty do you think I am?" I wiped a fake tear from my face.

"Whatever, trash." She glared down at me.

"Trash?" I scoffed. "Look who's talking." I looked her up and down. "You're playing sports in a damn skirt!" I snapped.

"At least I can afford one." She rolled her eyes.

"Girl I would never wear that pretty princess crap you losers do. Even if I had the money." I smirked. She smacked me in the face.

"Knock it off!" Coach yelled. I tackled Maggie and swung continuously at her face. I was pulled off of her and was kicked by the other players. I got up and I fought back. I won obviously and my coach pulled me from the girls and held me to the floor. They looked horrible and blood stained the already red dirt. "Are you calm now?!" He asked.

"Yeah." I sighed. He got off and I wiped the sweat off my face, covering myself with their blood.

"You're off the team." He walked over to the girls and I watched them. I watched him comfort his daughter, Maggie. I walked to the dug out and grabbed my things. I walked home with tears streaming down my face. Ever since my grandma died from Cancer months ago I was like this. I was close with her and my coping mechanism? Well that was being the worst I could possibly be. I mugged, stole, faught and I've even been to the cooler once. I was expelled from school for breaking a kid's arm and nose in a fight. I had a hard reputation. Everyone knew who I was and to not push me too far. My parents frowned upon me thinking of me as a disappointment. I walked onto my porch and I stood there for a minute. What was I going to tell my parents? I walked inside and my dad was on the couch and my mom was folding laundry. They looked at me.

"Ev why do you have blood on your face?" My mom asked.

"None of your business ma." I snapped and walked upstairs. I threw my bag on the floor and collapsed on my bed. There was a knock on my open door. I didn't look but I knew my mom and dad stood there. "What?" I asked with venom in my voice.

"We have to tell you something." My mom said. I stayed quiet. "We're moving to Tulsa, it's in Oklahoma." She sighed.

"We are going because no schools here will take you, and maybe you can get a fresh start." My dad said. "Victor is staying with your cousins and Ella, you, your mother and I are moving there." he continued.

"We leave tomorrow." My mom sighed and they left. I got up and slammed my door shut. I screamed and cried in my pillow. I grabbed my blade from my desk and opened it holding it to my neck. I growled as I thought things through.

"I ain't no bitch." I whispered and I closed my blade. "I ain't giving in. I ain't gettin taken yet." I changed out of my bloody clothes and I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I laid in the dark trying to fall asleep.

***

I stared out the window at the house I now call home. "Come on Ev get out of the truck." My dad snapped. I groaned and obayed. We went inside doing all the moving in necessities and when we were officially moved in my dad took us to the restaurant he bought. I was then taken to the new school I was going to go to. I got ready for my shift at my dad's new restaurant since he said that getting a job will help me "behave." I looked in the mirror. I was in a black skirt, a black button up shirt that was tucked into my skirt and I had my hair in a ponytail. I sighed and I put my converse on. I put my blade in my bra. After yesterday, I'm keeping this on me at all times. I walked to the living room and my dad smiled. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Come on Ev, I was working at a young age when I lived in Mexico and you are strong so you can do it too, now let's go." He walked outside. I reluctantly followed and I got in the passenger side of our truck. He got on the drivers side and we drove in silence. When we got there we walked inside and we walked inside. It was busy inside and a woman walked up to us.

"Ah, Eddie, how are you?" She hugged my dad.

"I'm doing good, how about you?" He asked.

"Good," She gasped when she saw me. "And who is this hermosa dama?" She asked.

"This is my daughter, Evelina." My dad smiled. I gave her a fake smile.

"Hola, ¿Cómo estás?" She asked.

"Good." I answered.

"Do you speak S-"

"Yes." I answered. My dad nudged me in the side aggressively. I winced lightly. "Sorry I'm just nervous for my first day." I lied.

"It's alright." She nodded. "Well goodbye." She flashed us a smile and left.

"What was that?" My dad asked.

"I don't want her all in my business alright, now let me get to work." I snapped. I walked over to the back and I grabbed a notepad and a pencil. I then walked to a section of tables. I talked to a couple tables and gave the orders to the cooks. I then walked to a table that left. I picked up the check and looked inside. I got a $50 tip. Alright I think I like this. I pocketed the money and I walked to a new table. There was a guy around my age sitting there. He was pretty good looking. He had a strong face, his skin was light, his eyes similar to mine, were a brown that matched his hair. I smiled at him and he looked me up and down and smirked. That smirk almost killed me. "Hi, I'm Ev and I'll be taking care of you this evening. Do you know what you'd like to drink?" I asked.

"Yeah man, let me look." He looked at a menu. "Can you sneak me a beer?" He asked. I smiled and shook my head. "Alright a Coke." He said.

Alright I'll be right back." I smiled.

"Alright baby." He winked. I shot him a look.

"Look, you seem like trouble, and I don't want you calling me baby." I said sternly. He held his hands up defensively.

"Alright, I'm sorry." He apologised.

"It's alright." I left and got him a Coke. I brought it to him and he smiled. "Do you know what you'd like to eat?" I asked.

"The steak tacos I guess." He said. I nodded and I wrote it down. I turned around and he lifted my skirt up. I turned and punched him in the nose. Blood trailed down. I shot him a look. I walked away and gave the cooks the order. I helped other tables, occasionally looking at the guy to see him watching me. When the guy's food was done I took it to him. I went to walk away but my right hand was grabbed. I turned and the guy gave me a guilty look. "I'm sorry about before, but I think you seem like a cool chick and I would like to get to know you." He smiled apologetically.

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow. He nodded. I looked around and my dad wasn't around. I sighed and sat with the guy. He looked deep into my eyes. Oh my lord, this guy is for sure trouble.