𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 30:𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻

~Ev's Pov~ 

"Mi amor hand me that screwdriver." I pointed to my tool box. Dal nodded and handed it to me. I looked into the engine of a Charger. I had opened my car garage almost ten years ago now and Dal and I have been married for almost 12 years. Carla has also just turned 12. She looked a lot like I did, but you could tell that she was Dally's and my kid, not because of her looks but because of how she acts. The phone started ringing. Dal went and got it. As he talked, I remained fixing this car until I heard Dal sigh.

"What did she do now?" Dal rolled his eyes. It was probably the school. "Alright I'll be right there." He hung up and chuckled. "Carla is in the office again. Guess what she did this time." He smirked.

"What?" I smirked back.

"She got in a fight." He said.

"What else is new? Dal she's our daughter, when you were her age you looked for people to fight." I scoffed.

"I know. I'll be back." He pecked me on the lips. "Love you."

"Love you too." I smiled. I watched him walk away and I continued to work.

***

I watched as a red car pulled up to the garage. Carla got out of the car and smirked at me.

"Hey ma." She hugged me. She had a black eye.

"God they got you pretty bad huh?" I said.

"Yeah he was a big guy, why did I stay short like you?" She asked.

"Hold on it was a guy?" I raised my eyebrows. She nodded.

"Yeah, he decided to whistle at me so I punched him and he hit me, I got him pretty good though." She smiled. I know that look, I first experienced that look with Dally.

"If I didn't know any better I would say you like him." I smirked. Her cheeks darkened.

"No, he's a prick and part of my gang." She crossed her arms.

"One, Who is he?" I asked.

"Jack." She sighed.

"Aight', two, that's what I thought when I met your dad, hell I still think he's a prick." I giggled.

"Well you're still a bitch." Dally said from behind me. I gasped dramatically.

"Fine you know what no fun tonight." I smirked.

"Ew mom stop!" Carla cringed. I giggled.

"Carla I'm joking, I'll still let him get it." She gagged and ran out of the garage. Dal and I laughed.

"I still get some tonight right?" Dal asked.

"Demonios si." I smirked. He smirked back and started to work on the car. "I'm going to talk to her." I walked out of the garage and Carla sat on the curb. I sat next to her and she looked at me.

"Ma, how did you do it?" She asked.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Make it on your own with aunt Ella to take care of, get a job. I think you're amazing for that." She said.

"Well I'll tell you kid, it wasn't easy, I had to live with the Curtis brothers for a while then after I got shot I moved in with your dad." I said.

"Ma can I drop out?" She asked. I sighed. "I aint' smart like you, well I know my way around a car but I'm useless at school." She looked down. I thought about it.

"Carla, look at me." She looked at me and I sighed again. "It's not my decision, if you want to you can, I wont be mad or happy about it, but if you do you have to work here so we can make sure you're safe." I said. She smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you! I promise you won't regret this ma." She got up and ran into the garage. I smiled and shook my head. I stood up and I walked into the garage.

***

I stood in the kitchen cooking dinner when Carla walked up to me. "Hey kid." I smiled.

"Hey ma, I was wondering if I could go out with some friends." She fiddled with her jacket.

"Which ones?" I asked.

"My gang." She sighed.

"Aight' but watch Mike, he's in his stealing stage." I smirked. She hugged me and pecked me on the cheek.

"Aight' thanks ma." She smiled. She then walked out of the kitchen. I watched her head pop around the corner. "Oh I almost forgot, love you ma." She smirked.

"Love you too kid, please be safe. On second thought come here." I said. She walked over to me. I pulled out my switchblade.

"Carla, this blade has been in my family for generations, dating back to the start. We came from a long line of gangsters and mob bosses so I will give this to you." I handed it to her. "I had it since I was 13 so since you're 12 I think you should have it now." She hugged me.

"Thanks ma, I'll take it everywhere." She then left. Dal then walked over.

"Wow, you gave her the famous blade, I never thought you would ever part with it." He smirked.

"Well Dal, I'm full of surprises." I smirked.

"Oh yeah? Surprise me." She said.

"I'm pregnant again." I admitted.

"What?" He smiled. I nodded. He hugged me. "When are we going to tell Carla?" He asked.

"Soon." I smiled.