5

Angel

I didn't like my second block much, it was science and the class was very dark and boring. I almost fell asleep and it was only the first day. Other than that, Candace kept me company so that was nice. She was actually very nice, and not as perky as I initially thought she was.

We were walking out the classroom, talking whenever:

"Oh there you are."

It was Blake. He was staring at me, not with his familiar playful smile, or mischievous crooked one, but his lips were a straight line and his eyes were dark. Was he mad again? I couldn't take it if he was upset for no reason. He always blew things completely out of proportion.

"Oh, hi Blake!" Candace said, smiling widely.

"Hey." He replied, his eyes never straying from mine.

"Well, it looks like you're in good hands. I'll see you later. And don't forget, you're meeting up with Jayce at lunch!" She called before turning her back and walking away.

Suddenly, Blake had my wrist in his hand and he was dragging me away. We ended up in some dark, remote corner where there was absolutely no kids in sight. I glared at him, tired of him always grabbing me weirdly and being angry for no reason.

"The hell is the—"

He slapped me again, this time much harder. I fell to the ground, instantly holding the spot that he slapped. I stared up at him, tears in my eyes; I didn't know what to do or what to say. What did I ever do to him that was so wrong that made him put his hands on me? I understood that he had anger issues, and abandonment issues, but surely that couldn't justify his constant bad behavior and consistent...abuse...could it?

"I told you to wait for me!" His eyes were blazing, shining actually, and for a second I could see how truly insane he looked. "You never—" then there was a kick to my stomach—"listen to me. When I tell you to do something—" another kick—"then you do it!"

At this point I was gasping for air, trying my hardest not to allow the black dots now clouding my vision to completely take over.

"And who the hell is this Jayce you're meeting up with?" He asked, this time taking a handful of my hair, and picking me up from the ground.

I would've screamed if I wasn't in so much pain.

"No way in hell are you going to have lunch with another guy! The guys here are predators Angel. They'll take one look at you and want to fuck you. Do you even know what fucking is?"

I didn't actually, I mean I had a general idea...but I wouldn't open my mouth to give him the satisfaction.

"I swear, you're so...stupid!" He raised a fist to punch me, still holding a handful of my hair in his fist. When I closed my eyes, waiting for the punch, I felt him release my hair. I instantly fell to the ground, grateful the burning sensation from my scalp was now gone. Now, all I was left with was an aching pain in my stomach.

"Find your own way to class whore. Better yet, get Jayce to take you."

He walked away from me, leaving me there on the ground. I was mortified, and sad...my first day which wasn't going so bad, was now ruined. It was ruined by the one person who I wanted to bond with and be close to. Why was he so...evil sometimes? It was honestly like a switch in him.

Sometimes he was cocky and sure of himself, sometimes he was sad and brooding, and other times...he was purely evil. Only occasionally was he actually nice, like a good big brother. There was just too many personalities for me to deal with.