27

Blake

She was starting to smell...really bad. The dried blood mixed with the sweat from her foot—also combined with the pee, was slowly but surely wafting to the front seat. Plus her dirty body was staining the seats. Even with the windows rolled down, I could still smell her.

I sighed, it probably would be best for us to stop at a motel. Besides, my plan of driving around until I saw a property for sale wasn't working out too well anymore. I glanced at her through the review mirror and saw she was sleeping—for real this time, her mouth was slightly open and she had a small pool of drool right on the corner of her lips.

I got off at the next exit, then found a small motel. The place looked like the kind of establishment that was more in the, "don't ask, don't tell," business which was perfect for me. I parked the car, then got out. I made sure to lock the doors, and I took the keys with me too.

I walked into the main lobby, and there was a gruff looking man with tattoos and a few slits in his eyebrows. He wore a rock bank t-shirt and ripped black jeans. He also had spiked black hair, and big earrings. I raised my eyebrows, surprised that he looked so eccentric for such a bland state like Wyoming.

"Uhm...hey I'm looking for a room."

"Oh? No shit. Lemme see your ID, because you don't look a day over seventeen."

"Oh...Kay." I dug around in my pocket, and a small part of me had started to panic, because I thought I dropped it at that state park. And that wouldn't have ended well.

Finally after a few moments, I found it and breathed a sigh of relief. I flashed him the ID, that showed my fake name and my fake picture—and fake birthday.

Ronald Hensley. 08/27/1999

"Twenty one eh? Sure. I used to be a bartender, and I have a sixth sense for knowing peoples ages. But it's fine I don't care. What kind of bed you want? Double or full?"

"Uhm...I'll take a full please."

"Okay and how long you staying?" He asked, grabbing a pair of room keys.

"Just for one night."

"Okay, that'll be eighty bucks." He said, then crossed his arms.

I dug around in my wallet again, then pulled out four twenty dollar bills, which was the most I kept in my wallet at a time so people wouldn't get suspicious. That and a few dollars.

I handed him the money, then spoke again. "Hey do you happen to have a newspaper with local house listings? I'm new in town, and looking to settle down."

"Looking to settle down eh? Maybe you really are twenty one." Then he chuckled. "Here's the newspaper." He said, after grabbing it from under his desk.

"Thank you." I replied, softly.

"No problem, now I'll show you your room." The man said.

The motel was built with two stories, with two long rectangular sides that seemed to connect briefly in the middle of the two sides. They looked almost like apartments. Our room was all the way on the left side, on the bottom floor.

"Thanks man." I said.

"No problem." Then the big man sauntered away, leaving me standing there.

After I memorized where our room was, I went back to the car. I got in and started it up, then parked right outside of our room door. Angel was still sleeping, so once I parked, I went and shook her still body.

"Angel...Angel wake up." I said.

"Wh—" then she looked around for a moment, and her face dropped. Apparently she was dreaming; and her dreams lead her to believe she had escaped this madness. It took her all too quickly to remember everything that happened. "Oh." She sighed. "Where are we?" She asked once she was fully awake.