12

Angel

A part of me was shocked. Another part of me was confused. I thought we were on the same page. Then he not only slaps me, but slaps a bombshell on me. He needs to get a fake girlfriend to protect his precious masculinity? Was he kidding?! It's the 21st century for crying out loud, toxic masculinity should be a thing of the past.

But I guess it wasn't. I guess he's going to give in and let the school control him.

I was shaking by the time I made it back to the lunchroom. My friends were sitting at our table with Blake's friends, they were obliviously happy and laughing when I arrived.

"Oh hey girl." Candace said. "Oh...where's your book?" She asked.

"I remembered I didn't need it." I replied, trying not to let the frustration enter my voice.

"Where's Blake?" Ashton asked, glancing at me suspiciously.

"I don't know, I think he saw some girl and ditched me."

"Sweet." The guys said, then high-five each other.

I roll my eyes, then glance around the lunchroom. If he needs a "fake girlfriend," then I needed a fake boyfriend. Then he could see how it feels to have someone else touching his property.

I know he won't like it much.

"I grabbed you lunch." Jayce said, nudging the plate of food to me.

"Oh." I glanced at Jayce. He looked nice today, his hair was gelled back and he had on a white sweater that made him look more muscular. He also had on light rinse blue jeans on and a pair of white air forces. "Thank you. I like your outfit by the way." I said to him.

"Oh." He said looking down at his clothes. "Thanks." And then he smiled widely at me.

"Oh my gosh." Candace whispered.

"What?" I asked, picking up my slice of pizza.

"Look."

I glanced at the direction she nodded her head, and there was Blake. He practically strutted into the lunchroom and commanded attention from every person there. Hanging on his arm was Alexis, the same pretty girl who I'd seen in his car flirting with him a few weeks ago. Instantly he and I locked eyes, then he bent down and whispered in her ear, never breaking eye contact with me. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist.

I just knew I was glaring at them, I couldn't help myself. I put down the piece of pizza and turned away from them, I couldn't bare to see anymore.

"Oh are they coming over here?" Candace asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Sweet. Alexis Marin! She's the same girl that started the rumor." Ashton said.

"Which means, she's the same one that can end it." Zach continued.

"Besides, she's the hottest and most popular girl in school. He did good." Ashton said.

"Ugh I'm so jealous." Candace said rolling her eyes. "Look at her body, it's perfect, not an ounce of body fat. Not to mention her boobs! Those are real."

"I like her hair. It's long and shiny." Jayce said dreamily.

I cringed as the whole table praised my boyfriends fake girlfriend. As they made their way to the table, I just knew my body grew rigid because I felt the tension in my shoulders.

"What's up guys." Blake said, sitting down. "This is Alexis if you don't already know."

"Hi everyone." She said smiling politely and waving like she was in a beauty pageant.