Epilogue

"I don't know she's not getting any better. Maybe we should recommend transferring her to a different facility." One of the male counselors said, looking at the others nervously.

There was four counselors in total, three male, and one woman. They all stood in a circle together, lingering around the patients room. They all shared the same anxious looks on their faces.

"But, we're known for healing our patients. We have to fix her." One of the female counselors added.

"Maybe she can't be fixed." A male counselor added. "Maybe that shouldn't be our motto anymore."

"I agree." Another said. "We should be worried about what's best for the patient, not about our reputation."

"Fine." The woman said.

They all opened the door, and one by one, and shock was on each face.

There was the patient.

Angel Damaris.

She was laying in a pool of her own blood. Her wrists were cut, and the dark red color of the blood seemed to be the only thing that added color to the room.

"How...how did this happen?" The woman asked.

"She got out of her restraints." One of the male counselors said.

"She's dead." Another one added in, after feeling her pulse. Then he closed her particularly pretty golden eyes.

"My goodness...this will ruin us." The woman cried.

And then they all rushed away from the room, preparing for the worst possible outcome for allowing one of their patients to kill themself.

xxxx

"Angel Damaris was a kind, loving and sweet person." Candace, one of her high school friends said while looking through the crowd of solemn faces. "I never knew all the hardships that she was facing and I only wish that I had treated her better when she came into my life."

A particularly loud cry erupted from a member in the first row of the crowd. Vanessa, the woman who Angel spent so much time with. Vanessa's husband Peter was sitting there next to her, holding her hand and rubbing her back.

The girl, Candace, got teary eyed, but squared her shoulders and continued her speech. "At one point in my life I considered her as my best friend. My brother had a crush on her which...complicated things a little." Candace said, with a small chuckle. "But still, best friend nonetheless, as I'm sure some of you can agree."

Her brother, Jayce, wiggled in his chair uncomfortably. He was trying hard to stop from crying since his friends Zach and Ashton were sitting next to him—but he was sure he wouldn't last much longer.

Little did he know, his friends were close to tears as well.

Then Candaces eyes latched onto another one of Angel's best friends, Yasmine, who was dressed in black with tears streaming down her eyes.

"I just wished before she passed, that someone told her how strong she was. How beautiful she was. How kind and how g-giving...she was. I wish she knew how much she was loved." Candace sighed then. "I wished, she didn't feel so alone and I wished her mother and father didn't leave her so soon. But at least now, she'll be reunited with them in heaven—because of course...that's where Angel's go." And then she began crying.

Soon the funeral was over, and everyone stood around greeting each other and trying to cheer each other up. Nobody noticed a person standing behind one of the big trees, just watching as if he couldn't believe this was real.

This person, Blake, felt so many different emotions. He was hurt and confused, but most of all he felt guilty. He felt that it was his fault that the love of his life passed away. He blamed himself for not taking her out of that sanitarium, and keeping her so close to him, so close that she would have known she was loved.

So later on that night, after everything that happened earlier that day, he himself took a whole bottle of pills and decided he'd meet his sweet Angel on the other side.

Where they could be together forever.