CHAPTER 15

ROMAN POV:

It was the second sleepless night in a row, maybe not for Faith, but definitely for me. I was becoming irritated now, and that would do me no favours tomorrow, especially with the early ''Tapout'' sportswear commercial that I needed to film, along with AJ and some of the other guys. Then after that a whole bunch of us, including Faith, AJ and Summer, were going to be guest Superstars in the audience of NXT's Brooklyn Takeover PPV event. I knew I should force myself to try and get some sleep, but I just couldn't, not right now, because every time I pushed the notion to the back of my mind that Faith may be cheating on me - another incident would occur that pushed it right back again.

She had eventually come out of the bathroom about a half hour later, and told me that she and Paige were having a girly heart to heart. I accepted her story, and continued on like normal until she finally fell asleep. I lay peacefully for a while, just watching her beautiful face slumber off into lullaby land. Then when I was sure she was fast asleep, I watched myself do the one thing I never wanted to do, and that was act on my distrust over Faith.

After gently unhooking her arms from around me, I sat up and took Faiths cell off the nightstand, then began scrolling through it...

The 'wise guy' in me knew she hadn't been talking with Paige earlier, but the realist in me just had to be sure, that's why when she did finally did emerge from the bathroom, I'd gone in after her and took a nice long shower – also taking my own cell with me, where U began googling Paige's activities on social media - and just as I thought, there was no way she could have been talking with her, because Paige was involved in a women's Triple Threat number one contenders match, down in TNA at that exact same time.

Ok, here we go....I thought, finally reaching the 'Calls Received' section in her phone. I recognised every number in there, all except one. The one who had called her. I typed the number into my own cell, and quietly placed Faith's cell back on the night stand.

I leaned over once more to check she was still sleeping, and then I quietly snuck out of bed and went to the bathroom.

RING RING....RING RING...

''Hello Operator Assistance how may I be of service'' the lady said.

''Yeah um, hi Operator'' I stammered. I was nervous, as I didn't even really know why I was calling. Ok that's a lie, I did, I guess I was scared of hearing something that would put this whole mystery into hard reality.

''How may I help you sir?'' she asked again.

''Um, if I give you a number Operator, is it possible to trace its location for me? Is that something y'all can do?'' I asked nervously.

''Absolutely sir, what's the number please?''

''It's um... 563-779-2875'' I told her.

''Ok Sir, let me see...um...yes, here we are, the call came from the Minimart Mall in the State of Davenport Iowa'' she replied.

My breathing instantly grew heavier! And I watched the phone drop from my hands, and onto the bathroom floor when the room around me suddenly started spinning out of control! I had to quickly hold on to the sink next to me to keep from falling...Jesus Christ!

It may have been a little over two years now, but I still recognised the signs.

I kept my body steady just like I remembered doing in the past, just praying to god for it to go away. It took about 30 seconds this time, but eventually it did. I quickly splashed some cold water on my face and looked at my reflection...

I didn't like what was mirrored back.

I saw me...the old me. The man who tried every day to put on the brave front that came with being the guy - Roman Reigns. And it was only me that could see past that front into the eyes of a very scared man, the man who every single day of his adult life, had to take medication to subdue his evil other side.

That was not something I wanted to ever go through again.

After gathering myself, I snuck back into bed next to Faith and wrapped my arms round her to comfort me. I hated being dishonest, but I had already thought up the lie that I was going to tell, because there were a few things I needed to do. As for now though, and for the first time in two days...I managed to sleep like a baby.