CHAPTER 25

When I got back to the hotel, Roman was just sitting in the dark on a chair.

''You did it didn't you?'' he asked as soon as I walked in and closed the door.

Normally I would have jumped out of my skin at being startled so unexpectedly, but tonight...tonight I was too numb for anything 'normal'.

''Yes'' I nodded.

He switched on the bedside lamp and stared at me, his eyes looking just as numb as I felt.

''And how did she take it?'' he asked nervously.

I'd held it in long enough now, and immediately broke down crying ''How do you think Roman?!'' I cried, sobbing my face into my hands ''because this is all my fault! I'm just so sorry for everything! For talking to him again, for blackmailing Stephanie, but most of all I'm sorry to you Roman...if only I told you, then none of this would be happening'' I cried even more

''Well, you could just whack me over the head with a TV again, to make it go away'' he joked.

''That's not funny!'' I sobbed, unimpressed at his efforts to make me smile.

''I'm so sorry baby, but in all seriousness...I think was lucky to be without it as long as I was'' he said quietly, which just made me cry even harder.

He immediately stood up and pulled me into gentle hug against his warm body ''Ssh ssh ssh baby...it's going to be ok, it's all going to be okay'' he whispered, gently smoothing his hands over my hair to try and soothe me.

I quickly wiped my eyes and looked up at him ''No it's not. You know it, and I know it'' I sniffed ''There's no coming back from something like this, and there's no forgiving me later on down the road either. Roman, I just blackmailed our boss'' I told him ''...and in the most horrible way imaginable! I'm surprised I still have my job right now'' I exclaimed.

''It won't come to that baby, I promise'' Roman said, trying to comfort me again.

''It might, because after tonight...i think we both know all bets are off.''

I could see in Romans eyes that he knew I was right. I could also see this was killing him as much as it was killing me. I dare not tell him that I'd also seen Seth immediately after, I didn't know if Roman would be able to handle that right now, nor did I want to trigger an unexpected visit from Joe.

Part of me was hoping that the McMahons wouldn't go for it, so we would never have to see Seth again, because hey, we would have don our part right? Besides, Stephanie hadn't actually signed the contract yet, so it was up to Seth now to fit the least piece of the puzzle together himself, in that meeting tomorrow- if he could.

SETH POV:

When is she ever going to learn not to underestimate me?

FAITH POV:

And the as for the other part of me...well the other part wanted him to get that contract signed ASAP! Because my sole priority was to protect Roman, which meant protecting his secret...no matter the cost.

Besides, now that the contract was safely in Seth's hands, it meant that everything I once had a control of, was out of mine.

I had to put up and shut up-all in the name of love.

MEANWHILE BACK AT STEPHANIES OFFICE...

''Dad? Are you sitting down? Ok...you are not going to believe, the conversation I've just had...''

THE NEXT DAY...

SETH POV:

I hadn't smoked since that last cigarette with Faith, all those years ago back at Mania. Not even around the time I was being handed my sentence from the judge. But today...today I needed one. I had done time, fought, clawed, slept rough, wept, starved, mentally tortured myself, had a rat craw across my freakin' face, lied, stole, cheated and blackmailed my way so I could get to this point. This very point, right here...and it was all worth it.