CHAPTER 42

ROMAN POV:

''Hey buddy come on...come on big guy stand up for me'' I could hear Deans voice, and I stirred my eyes open.

''Wha...what happened?'' I asked looking up at him confused.

''Are you...YOU?'' he asked back, looking at me with concern.

''I...I think so, why wouldn't I be?'' I said, rubbing the side of my head which hurt like hell right now. I looked down horrified at the blood on my hand, and quickly touched my head again, feeling now that I had a pretty big cut and bruise on the side of my face.

''You mean you don't remember?'' Dean said.

''I remember yelling some choice words at Seth, but after that, I'm not quite sure'' I mumbled.

''It's probably best you don't know then bro'' Dean winked ''but if it's any constellation, you won buddy...now stand up! I gotta raise your hand'' he smiled, helping me to my feet. I won? But I was supposed to win...what the hell had happened? I looked round and raised my arm in victory with Dean, while smiling for the crowd who was chanting my name loudly. Dean placed my heavyweight title belt back over my shoulder, and began clapping happily for me too, with a big grin on his face. That's when I saw Faith standing by ringside, alongside a bunch of referees and EMT's who were stood with her. I was terribly confused and worried as to what the hell had gone one tonight, but the second my eyes connected with hers, I knew everything was alright...well, to a degree that is, as I could see she was clutching at her back for some reason, while looking at me with a very curiously look on her face, as if trying to figure something out. She then looked away without smiling, and that's when my own smile faded too... seriously, what happened??

FAITH POV:

I was the first one through the gorilla, exciting the ring area up the ramp this time. I had refused all medical help when personnel came filing round me at ringside, as I just wanted to be alone right now, and get out of view of the cameras. I rushed through the gorilla and quickly ducked behind the curtain when I saw Paige bounding in my direction. She hadn't seen me, and that was a good thing, because I was nowhere near prepared to start answering questions as to what had happened out there tonight, as right now it was safe to say only myself, Roman and Seth knew about Romans condition...and I wanted to stay that way.

I still couldn't believe it though that Roman/Joe had god damn speared me out there! Like what the fuck?! My entire body was now hurting like hell, and even though I wouldn't have changed what I did for the world, I couldn't deny the fact that my feelings hurt more than my body did right now. I know Roman wasn't in control of his own mind at the time, but the fact remained that it was still him had scared me tonight...he actually really scared me!

Needless to say I wanted nothing more than to run into the cool night air and have a cigarette, but there were too many people about now, and so I held back a little while longer. I rubbed at my shoulders and back, then gently leaned my head against the cool wall behind the curtain, just as a flood of tears swam down my face...I'm so happy you retained your title Roman, and I'm also so happy to have seen Paige and Dean tonight, but now where do we all go from here? I thought in dismay.

Just then, I heard a whole bunch of commotion on the other side of the curtain...

''Make way please! Come on man get back, here buddy sit down...you ok? You alright? Hey can we get some help over here please!'' I heard Dean yell.

I very carefully peeked through the gap in the curtain, and I could see Roman being attended to by a bunch of medical staff...oh god poor Roman! I thought, staring wide eyed at him through the curtain. It looked like he had a pretty large gash above his right eye, which was bleeding profusely down the side of his face. He also looked like he was back to his normal self again, and I sighed in contentment...it was all worth it Faith, all of it I smiled happily to myself.