CHAPTER 20

The footsteps started up again as soon as I began walking...this time I wasn't going to ignore them. I quickly spun around, and was met face to face with that razor sharp smile, the one I was so used to seeing in the past...

''I wondered how long it would be before you showed up again'' I said, looking directly into his eyes.

I was mirrored back with an ice cold gaze...

''Wondering's over'' Seth smiled.

''You look like you're doing well for yourself'' I said, observing his freshly shaved face and crisp clean clothing, along with the back vintage sports car sitting on the other side of the road, which I knew could only be his. I continued to look him up and down slowly, because even though I knew he had originally loaned the money to Faith, I still resented the fact that he could start a brand new life with it. Needless to say I wasn't satisfied that he'd suffered for what he did!

''Well thank you brother'' he grinned,

''I'm not your bother anymore!'' I snapped at him.

''Take it easy big dog, we're just talking here'' he smiled in a cool manor, which just served to irate me even more ''as I was trying to say, being able to have a life after prison is pretty much a blessing in disguise'' he smiled, smoothing his hands down over his fancy clothing.

''Cut the shit Rollins! What do you want? 'Cause if it's more money, maaaaan, you can fucking forget about it!'' I snarled, looking him up and down in disgust, followed by clenching my jaw tight, as the smirk on his face told me he thought something was funny.

He slowly looked down himself at his fancy new clothing, then back up at me, grinning that sly smile of his from ear to ear ''Do I look destitute to you Roman?''

I squinted my eyes in irritation ''No, but if it's not money you want you want, then what huh? Because you and I both know don't have a single damn friend on this planet anymore Seth, and I don't think I need to remind you that you're to stay the HELL away from Faith!'' I hissed venomously.

''You don't need to remind me of anything Roman, but maybe there's something I need to remind you....'' he smiled, taking a step closer.

''Yeah, what's that?''

I then watched as he reached his hand down and pulled something from his front pocket...''remember these?'' he grinned, taking out an all too familiar blue bottle and rattling it in my face, with a nasty sly smile on his.

I looked at the bottle, then looked back at him and began laughing ''I've been cleared of all medical issues relating to my condition, you punk ass son of a bitch. Hell I can even show you the paperwork to support that'' I told him ''so if you're thinking of trying to blackmail me Seth...you just failed miserably'' I said, smirking once more at him.

''Is that right...'' he smiled, his dark eyes now slowly darkening to a dangerous shade of black ''...or is that just the lie that helps you sleep at night? Perhaps it's the one you tell to Faith...'' he smiled again.

''YOU KEEP HER NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, YOU HEAR ME?!! YOU DON'T HAVE THE GOD DAMN RIGHT!!'' I shouted at him in anger.

He took a calm step forward, not looking phased one bit by my sudden burst of anger, as he leaned in and said ''I wonder how she would feel if she knew you were lying to her Roman...''

Did he know? He couldn't! Could he...?

''Wh...What are you talking about?'' I said, trying not to make my voice sound as nervous as it was.