CHAPTER 18

ROMAN POV:

I couldn't keep it in anymore...

''Why didn't you tell me?!'' I demanded, and could immediately see that my abruptness took her by surprise.

''Te...tell you what baby?'' she stammered.

I threw the roses and chocolates to the floor and stormed over to confront her.

''That Seth was out was out of jail!'' I said through clenched teeth.

She stared at me wide eyed ''Ho...how did you...'' she began stammering in shock.

''I tried to ignore it at first, not wanting to believe any of it...'' I said pacing up and down in front of her ''but now I have no doubt in my mind that the first thing he did when he came out, was try and see you!'' I snapped, and could feel my eyes growing dark with anger as I glared down at her with my hands on my hips ''So I'm asking you again Faith...why didn't you tell me?!''

''There's nothing to tell'' she said quietly.

''Oh don't give me that!'' I said, throwing my hands in the air with frustration now ''you've been acting real strange this past week Faith - I'm taking sneaking off first thing in the morning, lying about who sent you those flowers, oh yeah, I know they weren't for Charlotte by that way'' I snorted ''and then if that wasn't bad enough, you're off taking private phone calls in the bathroom, to someone who you and I both know wasn't your ex-bestie Paige!'' I shouted, knowing that was a little harsh to say, but also knowing it was the truth too. I took a moment to calm myself, before taking a deep breath and looking her dead in her eyes ''...it's not a coincidence Faith. I know Seth is out, and I know he's been in contact with you. Question is...why didn't you tell me?''

She looked down and slowly bit her lip ''I was scared to...'' she whispered.

I threw my hands up now in pure rage ''Jesus Christ Faith! So it's true? Oh my god! What on earth were you thinking?! Why would you talk to him? Why would you ever engage in conversation with the man who RAPED you!'' I yelled '' Seriously, what in god's name were you thinking Faith! Do you even know what you've done?!'' I cried, and I had to stop and make myself calm down at that point, as I guess on my own hypercritical level, I didn't want her knowing what I too had discovered about my condition coming back, and more importantly so, I didn't want to spark another episode either.

''I shouldn't have to tell you that he's very dangerous baby, you of all people should know that'' I continued with an angry eyebrow raised, but I was just too angry right now and couldn't stop myself from venting it out on her. I of course hated myself for shouting at her the way I was, but know that it all came from a place of love. I guess all the suspicion and emotion that had been building up all week, was finally coming out now, because the last thing I wanted for either of us, was to be put in a dangerous situation again, at the hands of the man that had pretty much ruined ours, and our friends lives.

''...come on, I thought you were smarter than that baby'' I continued ''I mean, what could he possibly have to say to you, to make you stay and talk with him?!'' I began yelling again in frustration, and I guess she finally enough...

''Ok you need back off Roman!'' she snapped angrily at me ''...because you don't know everything!'' and both her tone and manner equally caught me by surprise, as I just stood with my hands on my hips staring down at her.

She blinked a few times and looked at me nervously, before taking a deep breath and beginning to talk ''Yes it's true alright. I've seen Seth'' she said, and took another deep breath as she sat down on the bed, and held her face in her hands.