CHAPTER 17

FAITH POV:

Roman was strangely quiet on the ride back from NXT. I tried holding his hand again but he just turned and looked out the window, claiming he had a headache. I knew I'd fucked up. He had grown more and more suspicious of my behaviour of late, and now the cracks were starting to show. I had a lot of making up to do, than much I knew. However that shouldn't be a problem, because I'd changed my number this morning, and I'd also had a word with WWE management that any gifts, presents or letters of any kind from fans, be turned away effective immediately, and are not to be left in my locker room. I'm pretty sure that after a while Seth would eventually get the message and leave me alone. The worst was over with now. I mean, what else could he possibly do? Show up again? He wouldn't dare! There'd also be no more of me sneaking off to empty alleyways for a quick cigarette. I quit my last packet this morning.

From tomorrow onwards, I would be both Seth and tobacco free.

SETH POV:

Ha ha ha...she thinks.

ROMAN POV:

I could feel Faith watching me in the taxi ride back to the hotel. I'm so sorry baby, but I just can't look at you right now, I love you so so much, but this is bigger than you.

I sighed heavily and turned toward the window again.

It wasn't hard to put two and two together: Seth was out and Faith knew it. I just didn't understand though, that if she had seen him, and if he was harassing her in anyway, why she hadn't yet said anything? Why is she hiding it from me? Come on, I mean, what am I supposed to think!

And now, as a result of all of this...my condition's come back.

How do I tell her that? I don't know if I even should. Oh fuck my life right now! I sighed again...come on man, don't torture yourself like that, there must be a perfectly good explanation for all this...there has to be. Just confront her about it, I'm sure she wouldn't lie to you without reason.

Aargghh! I screamed at all he thoughts in my head, which were seriously beginning to drive me batshit crazy! Ha, now I know how Randy feels.

I loved Faith with all my heart, and anyone who knows me-including her-knows just how true that statement is. I want to spend the rest of my life with her...one day even marry her, which is why I feel so guilty right now for resenting her the way I do. I slowly ran my hand over the blue bottle in my pocket...because if it wasn't for me worrying so much over you baby, I wouldn't be in this situation again.

FAITH POV:

I woke the next day with a strange feeling. I wanted to say it was relief, that a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders-which in a way it had, as I was no longer tied down by the burden of nerves and worry. I felt positive because I had finally quit smoking, along with confident that I would never hear from Seth again.

But that wasn't it, it wasn't the strange the feeling I had.

I looked over at Roman who was lying in the same position he was last night when he flopped into bed-with his head on his pillow...and back turned toward me. Yep, that was it. Roman appeared to be in a mood, and I couldn't help but think that it had to do with something a little more than his concerns over Jimmy and Naomi. I watched him stirring slightly and I waited until he turned round so I could greet him with a smile and kiss. To my happiness he did just that, smiling his sweet smile as he leaned up to kiss me.

Knock Knock...knock knock...

''No room service today!'' I called out grinning down at Roman, who was now burying his head in my neck with more kissed.

''Um...I have a delivery for a Ms. Faith Melrose'' the voice on the other side of the door said.

Roman and I both looked at each other...well I knew what I was thinking, but oddly enough the look on Romans face suggested he was thinking the same thing...

''Uh...coming'' I called out, quickly jumping off the bed to answer the door.

'''Let me'' Roman said in a stern voice, as he strode past me toward the door with his in-ring game face on.

He opened it with such force that the swoosh of the door sent the curtains flying!

''Yes?'' he commanded of the courier. I couldn't hear what was being said, but they seemed to exchange a few words before Roman eventually shut the door and turned round with a huge bouquet of purple roses and a large box of chocolates.

GULP!!