5. Gold With Amber Highlights

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓰𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

     THEY SAY THAT SOULMATES ARE TWO HALVES that go together

THEY SAY THAT SOULMATES ARE TWO HALVES that go together. Like peanut butter and jelly. Salt and pepper. Oreo and milk. Used a lot of food metaphors but, anyway, what it means is that, they match. They're always partners. That's what people are raised to believe in. That one's soulmate will come and complete them.

However, in the real world, that's not the case. Take Luna and Jasper for example.

"What do you think is wrong with them?" asked Edward to his foster father.

Carlisle began to tinker with his books as the two unconscious beings are lying on two beds in his home clinic. On a normal day, you'd think that they were peacefully sleeping. But the other is a vampire who doesn't sleep, let alone collapse.

"Still figuring that out." Carlisle answered.

Bella and Edward stood beside Luna as they stare at her sister, until she noticed the big purple bruise that sat on Luna's shoulders.

"What's that?" Bella asked as she approaches Luna.

Edward caught Bella's wrist and stopped her from going any further, causing her to look at her boyfriend in confusion.

"What?" Bella asked.

The look on Edward's face has sympathy written all over it. He remembered the vivid imagery of Luna being pushed down against her will in her thoughts. The very thought of the boy who did that to her makes him sick, if he can get sick.

"You know something. Tell me." Bella demanded.

Edward's golden eyes roamed around the room, seeing the faces of his family that's urging him to tell Bella what he had seen. She has the right to know what happened to her sister.

"Come on." Edward said as he leads Bella out of the room to talk.

The family's eyes followed the couple as they walk out of the room before they shared glances.

On the previous position of Edward and Bella, comes Rosalie. With her steps as hesitant as ever, she made her way to Luna's side, seeing the bruise on Luna's shoulder so clearly. She doesn't like Luna. But Rosalie would never wish to anyone what happened to her.

The fact that Luna was keeping to herself even though she has her family, was hard for Rosalie. She imagines what it must've felt like for someone as young as her to experience that sort of thing and keep it a secret. But one thing's for sure now, she knows and she will do whatever it takes to help her.