45. Honeymoon Crasher

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮𝔂𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓷 𝓬𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓻

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

"MARIA?" LUNA ECHOED.

She thought for a moment, racking her brain for any memories of ever seeing her face or hearing her name but there was none. Everything about her familiar but she just couldn't think of why.

Before she could utter another response, Maria wrapped her hand around the glass of animal blood before getting off of the stool she was sitting on.

"I wish I could stay longer, but I've got some things to do." Maria said, her smile having a hint of politeness in them but it was forced. Luna knew because she was practically the queen of forced smiles and laughs.

"It's nice to meet you, Luna. And congratulations on the marriage." Maria added, lifting her glass up a bit as if it was a toast before turning around and walking away.

Luna couldn't shake the feeling that Maria somehow congratulated her marriage in such a bitter way. She simply watched the brunette walk away with a skeptical look plastered across her face which she couldn't wipe off until she heard the angelic southern voice of her husband.

"Darlin'." Jasper called out.

Luna turned to face Jasper who neared her with a stunning woman next to him who greeted Luna with a genuine smile on her face.

"This is Aurora Martinez." Jasper introduced. "Rory, this is Selene. My wife."

Aurora's gold eyes shifted from Jasper to Luna and Luna couldn't help but secretly gawk at the gorgeous woman in front of her. She had silky light blonde hair that fell in soft waves just past her shoulders, her skin just as flawless and as pale as other vampires, and her height landing at assumingly five feet and five inches.

"Call me 'Luna'. It's what everybody calls me. Jazz here is just insistent in calling me 'Selene'." Luna explained.

Aurora released a soft laugh before she responded.

"Well then, you should call me 'Rory'." Aurora replied with her ever-so-beautiful smile that even Luna was shocked by her.

"Anyway, I heard you're a copycat. If you ask me, that's one hell of an ability." Aurora said, raising an eyebrow, impressed.

Luna shrug casually. "I'm pretty awesome."

Aurora's smile widened as she nodded in agreement.

"Well, why don't you copy me?" Aurora suggested.

Luna flickered her gaze between Aurora and Jasper as she became curious about the woman's ability.

"What's your special ability?" Luna asked, her eyes slightly squinting.