48. What's Worth Dying For, If Not Love?

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓱 𝓭𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻, 𝓲𝓯 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮?

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

LOVE MAKES US FEEL MANY THINGS

LOVE MAKES US FEEL MANY THINGS. It makes us feel wanted, loved, euphoric, cherished. But it also allows us to feel pain, lonely, broken, and depressed. It makes us feel vulnerable in both good and bad ways. It brings out the best in us, even though it also brings out the worst.

Love may sometimes be a clear image of pure bliss and passion, although sometimes, it can simply be an illusion. Love is the choice that people mostly select, but it's also the very thing that they regret when they've reached the end.

Love is many, many things. It makes us feel alive. However, in some not-so-rare cases, it can also be the cause of our demise.

But then again, what's worth dying for, if not love?

"Alice asked me to give you that." Sam said, referring to the letter that Carlisle was currently holding. "She and Jackie crossed our lands to the ocean last night."

Luna couldn't help but worry at the look on Carlisle's face as he read the letter. The same could be said for the rest of the family.

"Carlisle?" Esme called out.

Carlisle finally averted his eyes from the letter and folded it in half before responding.

"They've left us." Carlisle said.

Everyone's worry increased as two members of their family had left them.

"Why?" Rosalie asked.

"She didn't say." He replied.

"Can I see that?" Bella asked as she stepped up.

Carlisle gave the letter to Bella, gently taking it from his grasp as Luna left her husband's side to join her sister in reading the letter.

Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come.

P.S. Protect Luna.

"'Protect Luna'?" Bella read out loud.

Luna herself was also confused at the last statement in Alice's letter. If this whole thing was about Renesmee, why did Alice tell them to protect Luna as well?

"Why the hell do I need protection?" Luna asked, looking up from the letter and towards Carlisle, who simply shook his head, not knowing what Alice could possibly mean by that.