18. Modern She-Devil

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝓮-𝓭𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

"WHO'S VICTORIA?" Luna asked

The Cullens abruptly left the cafeteria, dragging the Swan twins with them as they went occupy one of the many empty classrooms. Much to Luna's dismay, she was forced to eat her lunch in the History classroom.

"James's mate. You know─" Emmett said but Luna took it upon herself to finish the sentence.

"The psychotic vampire that lured my stupid sister into a trap and tried to kill her." Luna said in realization.

Bella shot her an annoyed look. "That's what he used to do, Luna. He tricks people."

"Then I ain't 'people'." Luna casually said before taking a bite from her cheeseburger. She was referring to how she was not easily fooled by people. However, the thought of the only person who successfully tricked her, whose name shall no longer be stated but it starts with the letter H, made her both furious and feel like her throat is closing up.

Rosalie remained as grim as ever while she crossed her arms and looked at her bronze-haired adoptive brother.

"She's Victoria's sister?" Rosalie asked.

"Does she know where Victoria is?" Alice asked after Rosalie.

"Yes, she's her sister, and no, Alice. She actually came to look for Victoria." Edward answered.

Jasper crosses his arms as his eyes narrowed at Edward. "Why?" He asked.

"There was only so much I could read." The bronze-haired vampire replied.

"If she's the new history teacher and she arrived just now, does that mean Jazz and I would be meeting her first?" Luna said.

Despite being so calm and just casually eating her shawarma, Luna couldn't help but overthink the situation. Jeremy is missing and is possibly turned into a vampire. A new vampire in town and she's sisters with the mate of the vampire that tried to kill Luna's twin sister.

She stood there pretending to be unbothered. After all, she is good at hiding. Though, not that good enough. Because there's a little hiccup that everyone likes to call Edward Cullen.

Edward looked at the raven-haired girl and she met his gaze. The two just exchanged glances as another thought came to Luna's mind.

I'm okay, Eddie.

Edward didn't believe her. Not even the slightest. But he was in no position to grill her about going back to pretending again. He was a friend. A brother even to her. And he understands why Luna would spiral back into hiding things from them.