25. The Art Of Sarcasm

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓶

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

AFTER THE TRAINING IN THE WOODS and Luna punishing Emmett for vandalizing her favorite Iron Man water bottle, Edward and Jasper took their mates home safely while Alice took hers home

Jasper told Luna to leave her window open tonight. He wanted to spend time with her as much as possible before he starts hunting the next day to power up for the upcoming battle.

Luna had attempted to convince Jasper to let her fight in the battle. After all, she has some of Jasper's vampire qualities. It took a bit of time, and by 'a bit of time', it means the whole ride back home before Jasper said that he'll discuss it with the others.

"Hey, daddy." Luna said when she walked in. Bella walked in first and also greeted Charlie before she made her way to her bedroom to change.

"Hey, kiddo. You─uh─had fun with Jasper today?" he asked, his awkwardness that Bella inherited showing as he spoke.

Luna couldn't help the smile that curled on her lips as she approached her dad.

"Yeah. He thought it was a good idea to teach me some combat moves. You know, to protect myself...and when someone annoys me." Luna said, the last few words sound more like a whisper.

Charlie tilted his head and contorted his face into a curious expression. "He did?"

"Yep. It was fun. We trained and I won." Luna said, cocking an eyebrow.

"Of course, you did. You're the most aggressive person I know." Charlie said, causing Luna to chuckle lightly.

Her laugh died down as soon as she saw the papers that filled the table in front of Charlie. All of it was related to Jeremy's rape charge and missing person case.

Luna pursed her lips as she cleared her throat before she spoke.

"You still on Jeremy's case?" she asked.

Charlie looks over at the paper-filled desk in front of him and sighs deeply.

"I mean, after what he did to you, giving up on this case is something that I consider impossible. The bastard deserves to be punished." Charlie said, the last sentence holding a hint of fury.

Luna gulped when she caught the harshness in Charlie's tone. She moved closer to her dad and placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"We'll find him, daddy." she said with her unusually soft voice.

Charlie gave Luna a tight-lipped smile as he placed a hand over Luna's. He was sensing that the mention of Jeremy's name has made the tension in the room rise, therefore, he decided to pick a topic that he's sure will lift Luna's spirits.