17. As Red As Fire

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓪𝓼 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓼 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

ONCE AGAIN, LUNA ATTENDED SCHOOL with an unbothered aura

ONCE AGAIN, LUNA ATTENDED SCHOOL with an unbothered aura. The school still has no idea what happened to her, thanks to Charlie who asked the state police to keep Luna's name off the papers. Though, Jeremy's and Hannah's names were all over the news. And since Forks is a relatively small town, news travels incredibly fast.

"That Hannah girl does look evil." Whispered the girl from a couple of feet away from her. Sometimes, having enhanced hearing is a disadvantage for Luna.

The bell just rang for lunch and Luna was putting─no scratch that─throwing books inside her locker, like she usually does. However, today was much harsher because of the number of whispers that she had heard about Hannah and Jeremy since she arrived. It was starting to make her tremble in both panic and anger.

"And Jeremy? Gosh, is the girl delusional? I would've let him do me!" said the other girl, earning a few giggles from her group.

Luna slams the door of her locker and whips her whole body around, her raven hair flying. Her stomps were as loud as the thumping of her heart (at least for Luna's ears). She was marching towards the group of girls that had her fuming when a pair of strong arms suddenly lifts her up from the ground and drags her back next to her locker.

"Not so fast, Moonie. We don't want you ripping hearts out just yet." Emmett said as he dragged her back to her locker.

"I'm not gonna rip their hearts out. Who do you think I am?" Luna told him, faking her calmness for Emmett to let go of her, which worked.

Emmett unwraps his arms around the raven-haired girl and she adjusts her shirt before fixating her fierce gaze towards the girls.

"I'm just gonna rip their heads off." Luna muttered as she attempted to make her way towards the group of air-headed girls again before she was once again held back by Emmett. Edward then arrives just as Emmett was keeping Luna from unleashing hell upon the whole school.

"Good morning?" Edward said, though more like he meant it as a question due to how the two were doing.

Emmett forces the raven-haired girl to look at him as his hands around each of her arms slowly becoming gentle when she started to slightly calm down.

"Hey. Don't you think you should save your strength for something more worth it and satisfying?" Emmett told her, referring to finally putting an end to Jeremy, if he really is still alive and walking freely as a vampire like they suspected.

However, Luna somehow interpreted the message wrong and her cheeks began to turn pink. But after just a second, her face became as white as a vampire's when her thoughts began to wander into her dark experience once again.