21. Werewolves' Den

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮𝔀𝓸𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼' 𝓭𝓮𝓷

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

     JASPER AND EMMETT went out to track the stench of the vampire that lurked on the Swans' residence earlier this evening

JASPER AND EMMETT went out to track the stench of the vampire that lurked on the Swans' residence earlier this evening. The rest of the Cullens, as well as the Swan twins and Jackie, are gathered in the living room with the same stern expression resting on their faces.

"Who is it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked Edward who was standing before them with his body stiffening in anxiety.

"A stranger. I didn't recognize his scent." Edward answered.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme wondered.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella and Luna's father alive." Rose pitched in. It was true though. If it was a nomad, it would've killed Charlie in a matter of seconds. But all it did was stalk the whole house and then leave.

Just after Rosalie spoke, Jasper and Emmett came back with uneasy expressions plastered across their faces.

"Emmett and I recognized the scent." Jasper said, causing everyone to turn towards him and Emmett.

"Really?" Esme said.

Jasper's eyes averted to the raven-haired girl and he sighs knowing that the news he'll deliver will probably bother her.

"We think it's the same vampire that's responsible for Jeremy's disappearance." Jasper said.

Immediately at the mention of her rapist's name, the girl stiffened in her seat as her gaze was brought down to her fingers. Her jaw clenched as she tried her best to block out the memories she so desperately wants to forget.

When the honey-blonde vampire notices the change in Luna's mood, he instantly sped towards her and sat beside her, reaching for her hand to hold it. Luna looks at their intertwined hands and looks up at Jasper's golden eyes where she suddenly found comfort.

"The scent disappeared about five miles south at the Swan Residence." Emmett told them as he made his way over to his mate, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Jackie was simply sitting there, looking like she still can't wrap her head around everything that's going on. Vampires and Jeremy's disappearance? If she finds out werewolves are gonna come out next, she's sure she's gonna faint for the second time around.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Said Carlisle.

The rest of the conversation seemed to be tuned out in Luna's hearing, like she was locking herself in her own mind as she thinks about what was happening.