22. Right Hook

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓴

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

     "SO YOU HAVE A THING FOR OLDER MEN?" Emmett asked rather confused and innocently, not getting what Luna was talking about

"No. Just because I love RDJ doesn't mean I have a thing for older men." Luna said, slightly tired of going in circles with Emmett on their recent topic which was about Robert Downey Jr.

"But you're dating Jasper, aren't you?" Emmett said.

The two were the only ones in the living room. Emmett was keeping Luna company while Jasper was in the kitchen, making Luna churros with melted chocolate as he did before. Luna said she'll make it herself, but Jasper insisted she relax there. He was babying her a little too much.

"That's actually a good point." Luna said, looking past Emmett's shoulder as she thought of how she really does have a thing for older men.

"I'm not that old." Jasper stated when he appeared in the living room with a tray of churros and melted chocolates.

Luna's mood lightened up even more at the scent of the newly cooked churros and seeing the crispy golden brown color of them made her want to jump Jasper and hug him really tight as she thanks him.

"Really? How old are you?"

"Nineteen."

"How long have you been nineteen?"

"A while."

Jasper kept avoiding the real answer and simply gave short and half-true ones. She already knew the answer considering his memories replayed in her mind back then. But Luna couldn't focus on arguing with Jasper on that one because she was too concentrated on the plate of churros before her.

She took one and she felt its warmth. It wasn't too hot that would burn her fingertips. It had the right amount of warmth that she could just take one and dip it on the chocolate before taking a bite.

"Oh my God!" Luna squealed too loudly making the two boys flinch at the volume of her voice.

The explosion of flavor in her mouth was so good, she couldn't contain the series of reactions and expressions that she had given.

"Calm down, woman!" Emmett joked.

Luna shot him a look and screamed at the top of her lungs to annoy Emmett. But with a voice as loud as hers, Emmett wasn't the only one whose eardrums are being smashed into pieces. The rest of the Cullens couldn't help but flinch and grimace at the sound of Luna's shout.

Jasper, whose face was contorted into a pained one, quickly reached over to Luna and placed a hand over her mouth. Her shout was now muffled but still bothering.