6. The Classic Soulmate Bond

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓷𝓭

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME, SOLDIER?" asked the brunette woman dressed in old clothing

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME, SOLDIER?" asked the brunette woman dressed in old clothing. She was in the middle of two of her friends, looking at the officer before them with admiration.

"Major Jasper Whitlock, ma'am." The honey-blonde answered, holding his hat against his stomach as he introduced himself.

"I hope you survive. You may be of great use to me." Said the woman before she started to near the man.

As she began to walk forward, the man-Jasper-could now see the woman's bloodshot eyes. They were as red as the very thing they crave, blood.

Even with only the moon as their source of light, he could see the way her eyes look at him. Like he was someone she has been looking for. Someone valuable for whatever it is that she has planned. And he was right. He was indeed worthy.

While the woman grabbed Jasper's neck, the honey-blonde looked straight into her eyes, searching for her soul. But there was none. And with that, the woman sinks her fangs deep into his neck.

A loud gasp escapes Luna's lips as her hand made its way to her neck, shooting upright as she did. The raven-haired girl panted while she recovered from the dream she just had. The dream that felt more real than reality. Maybe because it wasn't exactly a dream. It was a memory.

Her eyes trailed over to her window and another gasp leaves her lips when she sees a shadowy figure standing by her open window.

"What the fu-" Luna exclaimed but before she could finish her sentence, the man speeds his way towards Luna and places a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet.

It only took her a few seconds before she recognizes the face of the person in front of her, and she was ready to scream at him when he spoke.

"Do you want to wake the whole town?" Jasper asked, clearly referring to the girl's outrageously loud voice.

Luna contorted her face into an angry expression before she sticks her tongue out, licking the palm of Jasper's hand which caused him to withdrew his hand.

"Did you just lick my hand?" Jasper said as he wipes his palm.

"So, what if I did?" Luna replied.

Jasper could only roll his eyes as he muttered. "So childish."

Even though it can be barely heard, Luna picked up on it due to her enhanced hearing.

"Well, of course, I'm childish to you. You're old enough to be my grandpa." Luna retorted.