13. Forever Damaged

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓪𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓭

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

     WHEN ALICE TOOK JACKIE HOME, Luna stormed out of the living room and into Jasper's room

WHEN ALICE TOOK JACKIE HOME, Luna stormed out of the living room and into Jasper's room. Of course, Jasper has noticed how upset Luna has become so he accompanied her, which Luna actually didn't mind.

Luna runs her palm down her face in frustration as she sat on the newly bought bed that Jasper decided to have just in case Luna wants to crash in their place.

"You're upset." Jasper said.

"No shit." Luna snapped.

Jasper observed his soulmate for seconds before he added "Do you want me to─"

"No." Luna immediately answered, already knowing that Jasper's referring to making her calm down. "No, you don't have to."

Jasper simply nodded, finally respecting his soulmate's rights. But for what it's worth, it was the only way Jasper knew to comfort people. He never really needed to have intimate talks with someone to make them feel better. He always thought that having the ability to manipulate their emotions is something that he needs to use to make everyone feel better. It was only today that he learned, that not everyone wants to escape those emotions. Sometimes, people need to feel them because not feeling them would only drive them insane.

He messed up when he kept manipulating her emotions. Now, all Jasper wants to do is to make it up to her. And he needs to start with coming up with a way to comfort his soulmate without the use of his empathic abilities.

"Can I?" Jasper asked, gesturing to the spot next to her on the bed.

Luna rolls her eyes at the honey-blonde before she responded.

"Don't be ridiculous." Luna said.

Jasper pushed his lips into a thin line before making his way over to sit next to her. Luna felt her body rise a little due to Jasper's weight.

The two sat there in silence. Jasper lets Luna think for a couple of minutes, only letting himself feel what she's feeling. At some point, he even got lost to the sound of his own heart beating. It's been days since it started beating again but still, he hasn't felt it for more than a century and a half.

When he was done obsessing about his heartbeat, he turned his head towards Luna to see her staring blankly at the wall in front of them. Luna was too invested in her thoughts, which allowed Jasper to stare at her adoringly.

To be honest, he was just waiting for Luna to tell him to stop staring again. Because he just realized that bickering with her was a lot easier than comforting her. But what kind of relationship would that be if he'll keep going for the easy stuff?