Chapter 19

I barely have any time to write this because of tests and college apps *cries in busy*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

The three weeks had gone by fast, and now Lucas, Zay, Jack, and I were sitting in my room, studying our opponents for round two. Jack was sitting in my desk chair, Zay was on the ground, and Lucas and I were sitting on my bed, looking at my TV as we analyzed the two men we were going to fight.

"The guy on the left with red hair, his name is Richard Bleck. 5'11, 240lbs. He tried to debut as an MMA fighter but he wasn't good enough and was demoted before his second fight. It's his first time fighting at Mad Dog but he's been involved in street fighting for around 5 years, so he knows what's up. He relies mostly on strength, but he doesn't move fast and has a slow reaction time " Jack informed us as we watched the four men put up a rather amateur fight.

"He doesn't know how to utilize his left hand so he heavily relies on his right hooks and puts up a weak block. I think if this guy tried to kick one of y'all, he'd end up pulling something instead." Jack chuckled and shook his head. "He's not a threat for either of you so don't worry about him too much, just make sure you don't let him get a clean shot on your head or you'll be out cold"

"I couldn't find any information on the other guy, all I have is his name, Cory Hernandez. I don't think I need to tell you about his fighting style since you're watching it right now, but all he's got is speed. He's good at dodging and he strikes fast, but he's much weaker than Bleck, you'd have to completely stop fighting back if he were to win. It shouldn't be an issue for either of you." He closed his computer and turned to look at us.

"Hm, doesn't sound too bad, it'll be a nice warm-up for the tournament," Lucas cocked a smile.

I could see it in his eyes, he was itching to fight just as much as I was.

"Thanks, Jack," I told my friend as I stood up. "I don't think there's much left for us to talk about so we may as well head over a little early."

I grabbed my bag which had everything I needed, my fight clothes, water, and a mini first aid kit just in case, even though they had that stuff at Mad Dog including trained professionals on call, it was still good to have at least something.

Lucas also grabbed his bag and stood up, "Whose car are we taking?"

"I would drive, but then two of you would have to sit in the cargo bed.," Jack spoke up.

Lucas grimaced, thinking about the cold air and harsh winds on a freeway in the middle of the night, "Yea, no. That sounds kinda dangerous, I'll just drive us." he pulled his car keys out of his pocket and we all made our way into his car.

I was in the passenger seat next to Lucas and Jack and Zay were in the back seats.

Zay had the aux and the whole way there he played the most iconic songs that were all major throwbacks to our childhoods. The windows were rolled down and we were all signing at the top of our lungs, enjoying the high.

When we approached the Mad Dog parking lot Lucas rolled up the windows and parked in a spot near the back entrance marked "FIGHTERS ONLY."

We got out of the car and paused for a minute taking in our surroundings. We could all see the main lot in the distance and it looked completely packed. There were still cars circling around waiting for a spot to open up.

"The publicity Mad Dog is getting from being televised is insane," Zay whistled.

"It was always crowded, but never like this," I commented, looking at the countless cars parked up and down every street surrounding the club.