Chapter 35

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 100,000 READS LIKE WHAT??? I can't even comprehend that number. When I picked this story up again I thought 1,000 reads was unattainable, nothing more than a dream. But here I am, I got to 100K and my story isn't even completed yet. I have the most amazing readers, all of your comments and messages mean the world to me and I couldn't have done any of this without you all. Thank you :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"Come on, come on!! Let's go!" Lucas had a dorky smile engulfing his face, his eyes full of excitement and wonder.

He tugged on the edge of the short sleeve of my maroon collared shirt. It was lightweight and I kept it unbuttoned, wearing a black tee underneath it which was tucked into my black jeans, all held up by a belt.

Lucas practically dragged me to the entrance of the park, causing me to trip several times and my heavily worn-out black combat boots weren't helping.

I couldn't help but smile back at his reaction. Cute.

We stumbled up to the ticket booth just outside of the front gates. Lucas and I stood at the back of the line with a couple of groups in front of us. It was unsurprisingly crowded since it was a Saturday and Summer was about to start, meaning that the weather was nice.

Lucas was practically shaking with anticipation, bouncing up and down in his sneakers.

"Happy birthday, Lucas," I snickered sarcastically.

"Oh shut up," he rolled his eyes. "You're the one that suggested we come here."

"True," I laughed, "I thought you might like it so I wanted to see your reaction. I think it was worth it. You have no idea how adorable you look right now," I cooed.

A light blush coated his cheeks. He was wearing a dark grey graphic tee with a square image of Gon and Killua. It was tucked into his belt and ripped black jeans that had several chains dangling from the waist and rings placed on a number of his fingers.

"Oh? Getting shy, are we?" I teased.

"Fuck off, just let me be excited," Lucas huffed as he rolled his eyes.

I snickered at his reaction as the redness in his face disappeared.

We finally got to the front of the booth and we were met with the monotone voice of a teenage looking girl with her black hair in two thick braids and a hideous candy stripe uniform. If I was wearing that I'd sound dead inside too.

She didn't look up as her voice echoed through the small intercom, "Hi, I hope you're having a wonderful morning. What can I get for you today?" There was no emotion in the tan woman's voice.

"Hi," Lucas beamed. "Can I please get two fast pass tickets?" He pulled out his wallet and held onto his card, waiting for a reply.

"Two fast passes?" She confirmed. "That'll be $25 each, so a total of $50 including tax."

"Here," Lucas handed her his card.

"Can I see your ID?"

"Sure," Lucas pulled his card out of his wallet and showed it to her.

It was the first time she had looked up, but when she saw his image her eyes widened in recognition. "Y-you're Lucas Beck?" She stammered, her monotonous voice now gone.

"Yes?" Lucas answered coyly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Her eyes then darted to me, becoming impossibly bigger. The bored look on her face morphed into one of excitement, "I watched the fight yesterday! It was so amazing!"