Chapter 20

An update two days in a row? Who even am I?

Thank you all so much for 9k reads!! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"So does this make you two professional fighters now?" Zay asked as we walked through the large entrance to our school, his arms hooked around me and Lucas' shoulders.

Zay and I had both gotten a ride from Jack and we ended up meeting Lucas in the parking lot.

Lucas scratched his head, "I mean, technically yes."

"Since Mad Dog isn't underground and they became their own league, I guess that does make both of you pros." My blonde friend chimed in.

"It doesn't really matter though, does it?" I asked. "Nothing about the club has changed, it's just a bit more crowded."

"No, a lot of things have changed. I don't think you really understand the amount of attention Mad Dog is getting right now. It's being televised all over the world, and I don't know if it's because of Byung Joon's connections, but it's super popular in Korea too," Jack told me as we approached my locker.

I shook Zay's arm off of my shoulder and grabbed an extra binder for my class. "So it's getting international attention? That would explain the increase in followers," I muttered to myself.

As I was closing my locker a couple of guys from the football team approached me. We gave each other puzzled looks.

"Hey Kai, what's up?" One of the guys asked me. He was wearing a black and blue letterman jacket which made his already hefty frame appear even bigger.

He stuck his hand out and we did a quick bro shake, "Hey..." I trailed off since I didn't know the guy's name.

Over the past three years, I had been less than interested in the people at this school. This was the first time I had talked to anyone on the football team so I wasn't sure why he was being so friendly.

"Ryan," He finished for me.

"Oh," I guess that's his name.

He didn't say anything for a moment so I interrupted the silence, "Do you need something?" I asked.

"Nah, just wanted to talk. I saw you on TV the other day. I've seen you fight Lucas a couple of times, but who knew you were a legit pro!" He was a little too excited.

Another one of the guys added, "How did you even know about Mad Dog? I heard a rumor that they were an illegal drug smuggling business, I didn't know they had a fight club!"

I grimaced at his words. Drugs? Illegal fight clubs are bad enough, why'd someone have to bring drugs into it.

"Yeah, man! If I had known I would have signed up and kicked some ass!" A third jock added.

Just because they were big didn't mean they could fight, they would all get their asses handed to them.

I scoffed as yet another block-headed imbecile spoke, "The announcer guy said you started fighting there when you were 14, how do you even get into something like that?"

I rolled my eyes, clearly annoyed. Who knew the football team would become my fanboys.

"Hey um, I gotta get to class so let's talk another time. Maybe." I gave a curt smile and locked my locker, turning around to head toward my first period.

I was walking and Jack and Zay were talking behind me. I didn't see Lucas with us so I turned to see where he was and it looked like he was swarmed by a bunch of random people.