Connect the Dots, or Don't

Forth straddled his cycle and and drove aimlessly, thinking about what Phana and Kit told him. Waiting didn't come easily to him and now that he knew Beam wanted him as badly as he did, it was torture. Where could he have gone to hide? Why wouldn't they just tell him?

Finally Forth went back to his dorm room, and carrying his dinner strode off the elevator. He stopped just shy of the door, pausing when he spied Beam sitting on the floor. He was leaning against the wall, eyes closed and one leg up, with both arms crossed over that leg. Forth's heart stopped for a moment as he thought he had never saw a sight so wonderful.

He fought hard within himself to restrain from running and pulling Beam up and into his arms. "Dignity," he muttered, swinging his dinner carelessly, "Dignity!" 

"Hey, Beam," he nudged with his toe, "Are you planning on sleeping outside my door?" Acting as if nothing happened, Forth unlocked his dorm, and paused, holding the door open as Beam nodded and entered.

"Forth," Beam replied lowly, "Thanks, I wasn't sure I'd be welcomed."

Forth walked to the coffee table that was used for everything - studying, eating and recreation. He kept his dorm immaculately clean, except for a corner that was dedicated to his engineering projects. 

Walking over to Beam, Forth pulled him into a close hug and while holding him, "I missed you. When will you stop running from me?"

Beam sighed and finally let his body relax. He finally felt safe again, tucked in the arms of the man he loved. How to tell him that this time he hadn't run? He didn't know loving someone meant opening up and confessing over and over.

Forth just held Beam tightly, glad that Beam came back, this time. He knew that they needed to talk or the next time, Beam might not come back. Until Forth knew everything there was no way to help his Princess.

Beam suddenly leaned up and kissed Forth. It felt right to do that after the last three days of hell. Forth may not know what Beam had been up to but Beam did and now that Beam was free, Beam was going to claim his man.

Forth shook from the unrestrained desire in the kiss. Beam never initiated first and this, this kiss spoke volumes. Forth gathered Beam even closer and pulling up his shirt, slid his hands along the bare skin on his back. He deepened the kiss, sliding his tongue into the parted lips.

Beam moaned, and slid his hand down. He palmed the growing bulge in Forth's pants.  Beam pulled back from the kiss and giggled. With eyes glazed from desire, he looked at Forth and asked, "Talk or Fuck?"

Growling, Forth reached his own hand down and palmed Beam's erection. "Can you ignore this long enough for your talk?"

Beam pulled free of Forth's touch. "Yes, it will subside as I talk. Can you concentrate on what I'm going to say?"

Just then Forth's tummy mimicked the growl he made earlier. Beam laughed. "Eat your dinner, Forth. I will talk while you eat."

Forth grabbed his hand and lead him to the couch and pushed him to sit. He then crossed over to the other side of the table and sank to the floor, where he could see Beam clearly. Opening the bag, he pulled out the tomyum soup. Right! Bowl, spoon... getting up, he went to the small kitchenette area and came back, felt the bag and brought it back to the kitchenette area to work with.

After warming up his dinner, he sank to the floor and looked at Beam. "Talk and I will eat."

A look of sadness passed over Beam's face. "I went home, Forth. I needed to see my parents before I could start anything with you."

Forth dropped his spoon and it clattered in the sudden silence. It felt like he stopped breathing as he waited for Beam to continue.

Beam slowly smiled, "Eat, Forth, eat. I told my parents about you, Forth. They know of your family. Middle child, huh Forth? One perfect older brother, one younger brother in first year high school and then there is you. Trouble with a capital T. Poor Beam, had to pick Trouble."

He sighed, "They didn't care I'm gay, Forth. I knew that they wouldn't. They told me to keep away from you. I told them I wouldn't. I told them I would not cause problems, or be the source of gossip, my grades wouldn't drop but under no circumstances would I stop seeing you unless YOU told me so."

Beam stood up, his natural grace showing in his need to pace. "For almost three days, we argued about the meaning of trouble. What defined trouble. I am afraid I've outed you to your parents about this relationship, Forth. Please," he dropped to his knees, "accept my sincere apologies."

Forth had completely forgotten about his dinner. Beam was stunning. He was lighting up his room as he paced back and forward. It was beginning to become harder and harder to focus on his words.

"Why are you apologizing, Beam? I don't understand..." Forth tried hard to follow. "As you say, I'm an idiot. Tell me in simple words."

"My parents had yours over for dinner last night." Beam laughed sarcastically. "They thought that if I wouldn't end it, then your parents would."

"Oh," said Forth, "My parents would have spit in their faces. They've known since I was 12 that I like boys and girls... "

Beam walked over to Forth and hugged him from behind. He put his head on his shoulder and said, "It also helps that your parents are just as wealthy as mine, if not more. I wish your parents could have been mine." He snuggled closer and sighed. "You should have been there, your mom was brilliant."

"She usually is," Forth replied absently, feeling his body respond to this man, no, his man. "So let me see if I understand. You left me to figure out how to be with me all the time - no hiding. That meant dealing with your parents. Which lead to my parents and now we are together free and clear?"

Beam leaned over his shoulder and kissed his cheek. "And you say you're slow."

Forth leaned over and pulled Beam into his lap. "Princess, have I told you lately that I love you?" His lips connected with Beam's and they kissed deeply, holding each other tightly.