Not OUR Business

Forth and Beam were engaged. Phana was delighted and Kit, well, Kit was coming to accept that Beam was still a part of the Crazy Doc gang but in a new way. Beam had directly confronted Kit about not confessing his feelings. 

Kit didn't want to talk to Beam regarding this matter at all. Beam had forced him on the topic, making him blush and hide his face. Kit did finally admit to it all, the long standing crush that had begun some time in the 10th grade.

Beam still couldn't believe that everyone knew about it besides him. Kit had given him a half hug and sighed forlornly, "Beam, I'm really happy for you. Forth has made you happier than I've ever seen you. I'll be okay, honestly. Like they say, there's someone for everyone."

Kit had run into Nong Wayo while Forth and Beam were straightening out things with the Mom and Dad, and Wayo had convinced him too, to keep silent. They took the time to wonder why...

Kit stretched his feet out in front of him and gave Beam a weird look. "Do you think N'Wayo knows about Pha?"

"No way!" Beam shot back quickly. "We were talking real low in that classroom just before the ceremony. No one could have heard us force Pha to talk."

"But... We really gave him hell until he stopped lying to us, Beam."

"Don't matter, it's his own fault. He is the one who turned down Wayo's confession month's earlier." sighed Beam. "If he would have just admitted that he liked the kid back then rather than girls, we wouldn't have to pretend now."

"Poor kid." Kit kicked the ground. "Poor me... that brat he hangs around is a pain, Beam. Have you met him?"

"Hmm?" Beam gave him a curious look. "You mean Ming? Yeah. He's good looking."

"No, he's not!" Kit stood up and stomped in front of him. He was so tiny that even standing, he wasn't intimidating. Beam wanted to laugh but then Kit really would get angry. "He pisses me off. I'm going to class." He grabbed up his stuff and left.

"What in the hell..." muttered Beam, as he slowly gathered his stuff. He had no classes for the rest of the day. He would go to Engineering and wait for Forth to finish up.

Forth grinned and gave Beam a bear hug when he spotted him at his table. "Miss me?"

"Mmm, let's go home. I'm tired." Beam stood up and then noticed the group behind Forth. He nodded politely in greeting. Spotting a few new faces, "Forth?"

"Oh, We'll be starting SOTUS soon. I think you know Ming, and the other is Per."

Ming smiled at Beam, and Forth smacked his upper arm. "Don't get friendly.That's my fiance."

"Congratulations, P'Beam. Could you pass my greetings to Kit? I haven't had any time to see him lately..." he sounded so sad.

Beam had a hard time controlling his face as he assured Ming he would be delighted to pass on his greetings. Forth was looking confused as Beam was trying to send silent signals that he'd explain in private.

Forth finally took his hand and with a wave, dragged Beam to the motorcycle and home. Home! Sanctuary... Beam sunk down on the couch and sighed in delight. "I'm so happy this day is over!"

Forth gathered Beam in his arms and cuddled him tightly, loving every minute that Beam snuggled deeper into his body. You can call it what you want, but yes, he was a big romantic at heart.

"Why, Princess? What made it a hard day?" His hand stroked his head that lay against his chest, and the other, held him close.

Beam listened to Forth's heart beat and felt safe and warm. He muttered against that broad chest, "I finally talked out all that nonsense with Kit. I also found out that your junior has the hots for Kit."

He listened to the laughter rumble through Forth's body and the words vibrate it. "I put my money on Ming. Kit doesn't stand a chance of escaping him. We engineers, we work hard to get what we want."

Forth continued to pet Beam and as Beam began to get sleepy, Forth asked the question he was dying to have answered. "Princess? What's between Nong Yo and Phana?"

Beam pushed off of Forth and really looked at him. "It's really not my story to tell, but neither of those boys will ever talk about it." He sighed and played with his hands. "It's a sad story, actually."

Forth grabbed his hands and kissed them. "If it makes you sad, then don't tell me. As long as you're not involved, I'm good."

"That's the issue, Forth. I am, and not really in a good way." Beam stretched out and placed his head in Forth's lap. "I want to be comfy if I'm telling you this, and don't you dare tell anyone. I don't even know if Wayo knows the truth of it."

Forth nodded so Beam continued on, "Pha has always been tall and good looking. He never had an awkward stage, you know, like all the other boys, plus he's real smart. We hit high school and never looked back, the three of us. Pha was the leader, I was the girl magnet and Kit was the escapist. It worked. The Crazy Gang was born."

"Until our 3rd year and the freshies came in and this real small kid with spots came to school. He was taken with Pha. Followed him around like a kicked puppy. Pha, in is own way began to look out for this kid who was bullied badly. At the end of the first year, Kit and I asked him if he liked the kid and he said no, he was straight and we dropped it."

Beam sighed and stretched, reaching for Forth's hand. "We were so young then. Stupid too. Anyways, This kid still followed Pha around in our final year. He had grown much taller. You could see his potential. He was going to be a good looking man but right then, he was ugly. Pha was always looking out for him in a very ghost like way and the kid worshipped him."

"Near the end of the school year, Kit and I overheard the kid confess that he loved Pha. And that bastard broke his heart into small pieces. I mean, he trampled the kid so bad he missed school for a whole week. I hurt for the kid. So Kit and I, we took Pha and made him confess he did like the kid in the same way the kid liked him."

Beam looked up at Forth and pulled his head down and kissed him. "That's how I knew I wasn't living with any regrets in my life. I watched Pha live with regret for 3 damn years." He smiled at Forth. "Wayo doesn't want Pha to see how he looks now because Pha broke his heart. Do you blame him?"

Forth bent his head down and touched his forehead to Beam's. "Do you think Phana should know?"

"It doesn't matter what I think," Beam replied, "I will honour Wayo's request since Pha was such a prick in high school. This is his mess, not mine. I can only be a friend, not a lifesaver."