Here, Kitty Kitty

Forth had moved to look at Beam as he told of Ming and Kit's "date bet" if Ming won the moon competition. Forth was actually quite proud of the little shit for the creative solution to his problem of getting the senior doctor to look his way, however, it did create a unique problem.

"Back up Beam, I'm still not clear here, did Ming assault Kit or not?" Forth asked, rubbing his forehead. This crap was giving him a bad headache as he tried to keep it all straight.

"No, from what I understand, their kiss was entirely mutual. The kiss was the last part of the date deal."

"So what's the problem, then?" Forth wasn't sure if he would be beating up the freshman or congratulating him on landing a junior doctor. 

"Kit feels that Ming treated him like a girl."

Forth broke out into giggles. He couldn't help it. They floated like bubbles across the sky, light and airy. Beam hit him, "Forth, this is serious! Kit took a real hit to his self esteem here."

"So Ming scored big with that fancy restaurant, the kiss knocked Kit's socks off and because Kit liked every part of the evening, he's running scared."

Beam sighed, "Essentially."

Forth nodded, happy he finally understood Kit's issue clearly. "I have to give Ming a pat on the back. That kid will make a hell of a good engineer. Kit will live a happy life."

Beam punched Forth again, harder. "Stop that. This isn't helping me at all!"

Forth sighed, "Beam, there isn't anything you can do. These aren't your problems. Phana and Kit have to learn to solve their own issues, just like we solved our own problems. The best thing we can do for them is let them be."

Beam scooted closer and gave Forth a hug. He felt so safe in his arms. "Forth, the three of us have been together for so long, it just doesn't seem right not to help them."

"Princess, there is helping and then there is helping. Be there to help study but you can't live their lives for them. They have to learn to grow too. Are they going to live with us when we get married?"

"Fuck no!" Beam yelped! "I don't need any ears to our sex life!"

Forth dropped a quick kiss on Beam's lips and said, "I'm hungry. Let's grab some food and then you can check in with your idiots. Maybe they've come up with some solutions by now."

Kit sounded sad as he talked with Beam, "No, Pha and I skipped classes today." He paused, "Yes, we talked a lot." Another pause, longer this time. "We're both really very sorry, Beam. Honestly, I didn't realized that I expected you to solve my problems all the time. I just thought you understood me best." Pha looked at him and nodded, indicating to say the most important part.

"Beam, Pha and I would like to say thank you." Kit's voice became stronger now. "Because of you, we both know what we have to do. What? No, we're not telling you. You're happy and you deserve to stay happy with Forth. See you in class tomorrow. Bye!" 

Kit's head dropped back against the seat and closed his eyes. "God, Pha, that was one of the hardest calls I've ever had to make. I need Beam to keep me set on my goal!"

"Fuck that, Kitty," Pha glanced at him. "We both need to stand on our own, now. You really believe that Forth is going to let Beam bail us out every time we need him?:" Pha gave a harsh throat gargle. "I'm not fighting him for a 3 a.m. distress phone call because I'm broken hearted again."

Kit flashed a distressed look at Phana, the reality of his words sinking home. Beam, for the first time was really IN a stable relationship with someone who would protect him. Oh fuck... there would be consequences.

They were both silent for the rest of the ride to the dorms. Pha dropped Kit off with a silent wave and drove to his room, still wondering how to explain his complicated life to Wayo.

Kit walked into the dorm and headed for the elevator to see a sign saying "Out of Order". Great, just great... so he turned and opened the door to the stairs and trudged up the first stair case. It was mindless movements, Left foot, up right foot, up left foot, repeat to flat floor... shuffle... turn, repeat, when he bumped into a very solid body. 

"Sorry," He mumbled his apologies, and moved around it. There was only one more set of stairs, 

"KitKat? Are you alright?" That fucking deep voice! Kit groaned, he didn't want to meet Ming today! Why was his luck always so damn bad lately? 

"Kit? You really don't look good." Ming sounded worried, as cool hands touched his face. "Fucking hell, you're really hot!" Ming lifted Kit up in his arms as if he weighed nothing and trotted back up the stairs. He paused at the door, and said, "Do you think you can open it? I don't want to put you down. I'm afraid you'll collapse."

Kit muttered, "I won't" But obediently opened the door and Ming pushed through.

"Where were you today? I asked everyone in the food court and you disappeared after breakfast. Never showed up for any classes." 

"Not just me," Kit mumbled, "Pha too."

Ming stood in front of Kit's dorm room patiently, waiting for Kit to open it. Kit's eyes were closed and he had draped his arms loosely around Ming's neck. Although Ming enjoyed holding him, he was becoming a weighty burden. "Kitty, open your door."

"Don't call me that! Only Pha can," Kit rambled, as he probed in his pockets for his key and failed. His wide, childlike eyes peered up at him. "No kee-eey, I have no key!" he sang, suddenly. 

Ming sighed, silently. "Kit, did you go out drinking?"

"No, nopeee, not a dro-ooop!" Kit said truthfully. He felt very funny now. Oh dear, what was happening to him? Ming placed him on the floor and murmured an apology and quickly went through his pockets for his room key. 

Finding it in his front pocket, he opened the door, and laid Kit on his bed. He stripped off his shirt and Kit was red. A boiled red color, lobster red. Ming sighed. "Kit, stay with me. Where were you today? Where? Tell me?"

"Pha took me to the beach." Kit's eyes rolled into the back of his eyes and he passed out.