The Truth Hurts

Beam turned to look at Forth, who was getting ready for a shower. He couldn't believe the rush of pure lust that raced through his body after all this time. He wondered if someday, it would finally fade and Forth, feeling Beam watching him turned and gave him a sexy look. Beam placed his water bottle carefully on the counter and said a mental "fuck it" to the mountains of homework, and deliberately walked over to his fiance.

"Baby," Beam said softly, "I believe that you're not taking that shower just yet..."

Forth's hands were already busy. "Mmm, Princess. I know. You have a glow." He reached down and palmed the front of Beam's black uniform pants. The bulge was already significant. "I can't let my Princess suffer..." the words trailed off as one hand slid under the material below and one hand slid up, bringing him close enough to kiss.

Beam moaned into the kiss, opening his mouth so their tongues could meet and duel, twisting around each other in now familiar patterns. Just as things were beginning to get really interesting, there was loud knocking on the dorm room.

"Fuck," Forth growled.

"No," Beam whined. "We are not stopping! They can wait."

"Princess, If we don't stop now, they'll wait until morning. You know that. This is the best time." Forth tried to be reasonable."

His mother's voice was heard yelling. "Don't make me swear, Forth! Open the door now!"

"Dammit!" Forth moved fast. He opened the door to see his mom, Val standing there with another woman he'd never met.

"Hi Mom, ummm, can you give me a few minutes?" he said, waving at his bare chest? "As you see, I was going for a shower."

"Sure, sure," snorted his mother. "And that's why Beam is in just as much of a mess? Saving water?" She reached behind her and tugged the other woman into the dorm room. "Go get straightened out, Forth. You too, Beam. We've things to talk about."

Beam finally looked at the other woman and blanched. "Mother? Why are you here?"

"Beam! Go get dressed properly then we'll talk." Val insisted. Forth grabbed his hand and some clothes and they went into the en-suite bathroom.

Beam, who was in shock, couldn't seem to do anything. Forth leaned forward and kissed him, hard. "Beam, if you can't face her, stay in here. I'll talk with them."

This had the desired effect. "No, I'll deal with my mother. I'm just surprised that a woman who said I wasn't her son is here to see me." Beam sighed, and hugged Forth tightly. "Its bringing back all the old memories I thought I had locked up tight."

"You mean the ones I want to hear about but you won't tell me." Forth held his hand tightly. "It's okay, you will when you're ready and then you'll truly forget." He turned and opened the door. "Are you ready to face the demon?"

"As ready as I'll ever be! Kiss me and let's go." Beam took a deep breath and squeezed his hand tightly.

Forth dropped a kiss on his head and led him out the door.

Val looked at their tightly clasped hands and pointed to the couch. "Boys, sit down please. Forth, as I'm sure you're aware by now, this is Beam's mother, Palma Chittaporoom. Palma, my son Forth." Mrs Chittaporoom had yet to sit down in the small dorm room. "Oh for Christ's sake, Palma, would you sit down! You're giving me a headache!"

"My apologies, Mrs. Jaturapoom." Palma sat down as stiffly as her spoken words. Forth and Beam exchanged glances, preferring to leave everything up to Mom to handle. Beam would never greet this woman again as his mother.

"Palma, I do think this is the time to tell the boys exactly what you told me. There never will be a better time." Val prodded her.

"Mrs. Jaturapoom, do I have to be here? Can you not simply tell them?" Beam recognized her very nervous behaviour. This bouncing foot and tapping her finger subtly on her upper thigh only happened when her husband was displeased. How interesting...

"I'm not your slave, no matter how much money and power your husband has, Palma. Just tell them." You could hear the absolute power come out in Val's voice. That came from raising three very rowdy boys. "If you don't, I'm leaving now and you're on your own."

"Fine, I'll tell them but don't blame me if you can't take the fall out!" Palma suddenly burst out. She stood up and walked to the balcony door, once again facing the view. "I'm sorry, Beam, for your father disowning you. I had nothing to do with it. I don't care if you're gay, straight or blue. I've always loved you. Always." Her hands were clasped tightly together and still, if you looked closely, could see them tremble.

"I made a huge mistake in marrying that man. The only good thing I ever got from him, was you, Beam. I was so angry at his mother, your grandmother, for lying to me about him being a good man. He's a rotten lying, cheating scoundrel. I've been trapped for over 20 years, all because that old witch wanted a male heir. YOU, Beam."

Palma finally turned and looked directly at her son. "I tried my best to keep you from him. To minimize contact throughout the years. I've always failed, though. I made you hate me terribly. It's okay if you get to live a happy life. I can live with that. When you faced off with that damn man, I made sure you got an inheritance and a name you loved. I also found out that he had two illegitimate brats, one 3 years younger and another 4 years younger, both by the same woman."

"You were finally free, Beam. You could be set free but I wasn't free to tell the truth then. It's still not safe for you to know all of the truth. But it was driving me insane to think I couldn't talk to you, or that you hated me. If, after knowing the truth, you hate me, that's a different story." Palma sank to the chair with silent tears in eyes.

"You're not going to like this at all, Beam. But there's more." Palma sighed. "I knew you were gay when you kissed your friend way back then. I believe your father did too. That really wasn't the issue though."

Forth could hear the seriousness in this woman's voice and when he tried to meet his mom's eyes, Val was only looking at Beam. He held tightly to his Princess's hand for moral support.

"Beam, the reason why that damn man was so angry was that Phana's brothers are your half siblings as well." Those big tears rolled slowly down her cheeks. "He couldn't have a relationship develop between Phana and you. What would the press say when he disowned you to make Phana's next oldest brother his heir?"

"I am leaving your father soon. I've got enough to live on. I risked everything because both of you needs to be warned before your father announces it to the board in a few weeks. I can't tell Phana. That's your job, Beam." Palma got up. "I'll stay in touch with Mrs. Jaturapoom, If you need to contact me, she can without raising suspicion."

Walking over to Val, Palma thanked her profusely and and swiftly left, leaving three people in their own silent world.

"Mom," Forth finally spoke, "Who is he? Beam's dad?"

"Oh, now you want to know?" she snorted. "Beam, do you want to tell my brain dead son?"

Beam leaned his head on Forth's shoulder and sighed, still trying to comprehend all the shit his mother had said. "Oh, my family? We own the largest medical conglomerate in all of Thailand. If you spent any time in hospitals, you would have seen the hospital equipment we build, Tapo's blood pressure cuff's, etc."

"What the hell! Beam, your family owns Tapo's?" Forth cried, stunned.

"Among others, yes. We also underwrite medical insurance, own a lot of rental property and have started to diversify the portfolio. It's one of the reason's my ex-father really wanted a medical doctor for an heir." Beam stated wryly. "Forth, I've got a problem... how do I tell Pha?"