Day 3 - Bjork

The girl looked up at her brunette friend. "Bjork?" The pinkette asked, her confusion evident. "You can't make me use a made-up word! That's, like, super unfair!"

The brunette stuck her tongue out playfully. "Aw come on, Jae, afraid of a challenge?" She hummed tauntingly from her reclining position on the cloud.

Jae just pouted more and turned back towards her typewriter. "This isn't even fair, Kae." She mumbled, her fingers beginning to fly across the keys, almost as quick as she thought of what to write.

Silence filled the air as the world below them changed. They were still in the clouds, but now they could see the developing lands below them, forming cities and towns before their very eyes.

Then Kae finally spoke. "That still awes me, J, even after all of these years." She whispered breathlessly, her eyes glued to the mountain emerging from the formerly flat ground. It skyrocketed upward, soon growing so tall it threatened to touch the two.

Jae didn't speak, still continuing to type away at the old black typewriter. The mountain's accent slows and stops just beneath their feet. Two mountains begin following the path of the first, one on each side. They were shorter than the previous, but all three were still taller than anything the world had seen before. Literally.

The process continued until a chain of ten or so mountains divided the land that had just been created. With another typed sentence, a terrific blizzard covered the mountains and some of the surrounding area. It fell, quickly, violently, covering everything in sight. The small white flurries were pretty but had the two been affected by their onslaught and the cold they brought they would have had different opinions.

The storm only lasted five minutes, maybe ten. As quickly as it had come, it stopped. Each mountain now covered in snow, rewriting the temperature to adjust. Snow would fall on those mountain peaks and have little chance of leaving peacefully.

The lower halves of the mountains that were covered in snow began to melt and neatly dripped into the almost unnoticeable crevices and valleys in the mountains' surface and flowing along, creating quick flowing rivers that took advantage of every uneven part of the soil they were now sprinting across.

Some found deep depressions in the land and lakes began to form. From the height the two were at they looked like small droplets of blue dotting the barren land. Gradually they grew bigger and took up more and more space. They were incredibly large, the rivers flowing into them racing continuously, filling the space greedily like a pack of hungry wolves.

The waters soon calmed with the major lakes and rivers now in place. The cloud the two were on began to descend closer to the lake, hovering overhead. As Kae watched, ground to the far north of the lake split and sunk away as water took its rightful place as the ocean surrounding this land.

Flooding downpours descended to the ground in a liquid tornado, making small indentations in the soil's surface. Everything soon became muddy as water flooded the terrain, finding any weak points and using them to its advantage making more, but much smaller, lakes and creeks that were woven into the ground like an intricate spider web no mortal could dare to attempt to unravel. Dirt surrounding the lakes was quickly swept away, leaving sugar sand to make beaches behind.

Kae looked around the muddy landscape as she sat up. "My bit, hm?" She hums softly, stepping off of the cloud. Instantly the ground under her bare feet grows vibrant green grass in a circle around her.

Kae began running, grass and flowers blooming behind her. Without noticing, her speed increases and she can no longer be seen. The only way to know where she is is watching the instantaneous growth of wild grass that followed behind her.

As Kae ran up and down the rivers and around the lakes, trees grew. Tall shading oaks and bending heavy willows crowded around rivers shading its crystal blue water from the sun's inevitable harsh rays. Even if they were hidden for now, the sun would return eventually.

Soon enough the waterways were full of plants ranging from tall towering trees to small curling vines. Kae soon veered away from the river she had just finished and let trees grow around her. Tall black and white trees skyrocketed from the ground, quickly multiplying and becoming a vast forest.

She made a few more forests. One was a roofed forest composed of tall dark spruce trees. This forest was surrounding the mountains. Some portions of the forest were even climbing up it. More zebra trees came for another forest and the last two were normal oaks, all perfect for climbing, should one ever want to.

Kae jogged to a stop in front of the cloud Jae was still typing on. The rain cleared up almost instantly as soon as Kae touched the cloud once more. Jae's typing slowed and soon stopped.

She stood and stretched, having been hunched over her typewriter for three hours straight. "I did it." She said after a moment.

"Wh-what?" Kae asked, confused. Bjork wasn't even a real word. Jae had definitely lost. That much Kae was sure of.

"Bjork, or Björk, is Swedish for birch. Thus, a birch tree would suffice. Though I decided that a forest would look better so I did that instead." Jae says expertly, the whine in her voice from before gone. In fact, you wouldn't even think she could be so childish from the professionalism she now spoke with.

Kae was speechless. How in the world had Jae even known that? It wasn't like either of them had ever even learned Swedish before they became gods. Right?

"And since you decided to change languages," Jae starts with a mischievous grin, making Kae's face fall even more. "Your word is panteră."

With a sigh, Kae slides off of the cloud, hoping her guess was right.

That's true by the way. Bjork is actually a female name for birch in Swedish. There's also an Icelandic singer by that name as well.