Day 6 - Ask Her

A subtle nudge from my side shocked me out of my stupor. "Ask her," Lily hummed, a knowing look upon her face.

"Wh-Wha...What?" I choked out, feigning innocence. The blue-haired alien that was working in front of us paying us no mind.

"Nickel. Ask her." Lily said again, with a more ordering tone in her voice.

I smiled softly, my gaze falling on the alien once more. It was kind of sad really, how I'd fallen this far in such a short while. I know I shouldn't've, and maybe that's why everything's so screwed up now. Lord knows it was a wonder I trusted her as quickly as I did.

"No. She has a lot on her mind, Lil. I don't need to distract her." I whispered softly, unaware of the longing tone my voice had taken on.

"That's why you have to do it!" Lily yelled before immediately quieting down. Luckily, Gal was too busy constructing battleplans to care. "The fight of the century is happening in less than a week and, I know no one wants to think about it, but one of us might not walk away from it."

I felt my body numb and I could barely hear Lily even though she was sitting right next to me. I knew that. I knew there was the chance someone would...not make it. But I think I distracted myself, thinking Gal was immune to damage or something. She'd been so strong in other battles, that the idea had never even occurred to me. I don't know what I'd do if she was gone, even if she didn't know how much I cared.

"Look," Lily sighed, putting a hand on my arm to get my attention. "I just don't want something to happen to one of you. I think you should tell her while you can."

It was silent between us for a while, before I spoke. "Lily, I appreciate it. Really, I do. But you know just as well as I how she deals with emotions. She'll be off her game and she needs to be focused to beat Rose."

Lily nodded slightly. "Fine. But after we win, you're telling her!"

I groaned at her persistence. "We'll see."