Day 20 - Please

It wasn't often she was like this. In fact, she hated it when she was like this. She always felt so needy while she was like this, and ignoring it didn't help. It only made it more difficult to ignore.

She could usually get by for around two months or so before the urge came back, itching at her like a bug bite that no medicine would solve. Or she'd see something or someone that'd remind her of it and it'd be back like a fly to honey.

So when she saw the dresses her roommates were going through she quickly holed herself up in her room, not even leaving time for an explanation. She hadn't told them, why would she? She hated that she had to feel needed, to serve, just because of her previous occupation.

You see, Gal used to work for a wealthy businessman by the name of Winter. Winter Breeze to be precise. Mr. Breeze wasn't a very good man, in fact, he had spent most of his time since his son died gathering evidence to blackmail his former friends.

He had invited them to dinner at his estate, where Gal had lived at the time. It didn't take too long for one of his friends, or rather victims had had enough of his blackmail and had killed him in their one on one, where Mr. Breeze had exposed that person's dark secret, planning on using it to make them obey him.

It was truly terrifying and if Gal hadn't have been through so much by Mr. Breeze's hand at that point, maybe she would have cared more. Instead, when the body was discovered, she tried to get the party to leave and put Mr. Breeze behind them. Yet alas, they decided to stay. To solve the murder of their abuser.

It turned out to be Silver, a young wizard who had been tasked with caring for Mr. Breeze's son after he got sick. Silver had accidentally killed him with a potion or something, Gal couldn't quite remember. She didn't wish to. It was probably why, at the time, she had feigned happiness and ignored the shock that had overcome them all. If she didn't address it, it didn't exist, right?

It took a while, but eventually it was decided by the group that they'd let the police handle it. The group had reluctantly let Gal join them, but only when they were discussing the murder or having a hard time. They eventually forced her to room with someone, instead of crashing wherever whenever she could.

Unluckily for her, old habits remained and for the first year there, she barely spoke. She did most of the chores, even when her brown-haired roommate reminded her that she could do it easier with her ability to manipulate water to her will.

Her three roommates were worried about her, that much was clear. Gal didn't talk about where she had been before or about anything they didn't really need to know. She knew she was defelcting the problem, she had went to her therapist long enough to know that, but she didn't care. The memories sat in the back of her mind, haunting her, and she would do anything to get rid of them.

Now, here she was, about to jump out the window of her second story room, to go wait a cafe, like she normally did every other Friday. It had taken a small input of her backstory to convince the owner to agree to this, but agree he did, though not before requiring her to at least come by sometime in between those two weeks.

The jump was a familiar sensation, having done it for months now. She quickly ran off, luckily the cafe was only a few minutes run away. It was hidden in a strip mall, so none of her friends had noticed it yet.

She slipped in through the back quietly, grabbing her uniform off of a hook and rushing to the bathroom to change. She was on autopilot now, her brain back in time three years, rushing to do as Mr. Breeze commanded.

________________________________________________________________________________

Once upon a time I was part of a RP group who RPed something along these lines. It was gonna be a comic but I think people have lost interest. So I could continue this, or do something slightly different but still same sorta plot. IDK