17

Shuichi's P.O.V

Me and Ace were waiting for Kokichi to come back so we could all watch a movie together. Ace was talking about random things like, favorite songs, favorite holiday and favorite color until Ace randomly asks, "when are you guys going to get married."
  "W-what Ace?" I ask, thinking about marrying Kokichi. Life would become paradise if Kokichi married me.
  "You are thinking about it right?" Ace asks, I nod admitting that I have been thinking about proposing to Kokichi. But one question lingered in my mind whenever I thought about proposing, 'when would be the perfect time to propose?' Just then Kokichi barged in the house.
  "IM BACK!" Kokichi yelled, "did you miss me? Did you miss me?"
I notice the scrape on Kokichi's knee and the scratches on his face, I pointed at them, "What are those" I asked.
  "I tripped and it still really hurts!" Kokichi says, faking his tears, "Can you put a bandaid on it pleaaase?"
  "Okay" I replied, following Kokichi to the bathroom with Ace behind me. Kokichi sat on the floor and waited for me to put bandaids on his scrape and scratches, I opened a cabinet that was under the sink and took out bandaids and a disinfect bottle with some cotton balls.
  "Are you sure you only tripped?" Ace asked.
  "Yep I'm 100% sure!" Kokichi replies, I stand up over the sink and take the cap off the bottle. With my other hand I grabbed a cotton ball and tipped the bottler of disinfectant onto it, some of it going down the drain. I put the bottle down and put the cotton ball on Kokichi's scraped knee, his instantly pulled his knee up to his chest.
"Owie!!!!" Kokichi yelled. I quickly apologized and grabbed Kokichi's leg and put the cotton ball on the scrape again, knowing it was clean I put a bandaid on it. I did the same thing with Kokichi's face and put the cotton balls back in the cabinet, throwing away the cotton ball that I used I also put the disinfect bottle in the cabinet too. Kokichi stood up and hugged me.
  "You saved me Shuuuuuuuu-chaaaaaaan~! Nishishi~" Kokichi yells, I hug him back. Of course I make sure that I don't squeeze him. A few minutes later Kokichi pulled away from the hug and skipped away yelling, MOVIE TIME! Ace followed Kokichi also yelling Movie time. I walked to the living room and took a seat in between Ace and Kokichi.

_

We finished the movie and we were all doing our own thing now, I was on my phone texting other detectives about what happened. They were nice enough to try to help me figure it out. Ace was playing outside with his friends and Kokichi was sitting there, looking at the floor but by the looks on his face I could tell he was thinking really hard about something. I got really curious to what Kokichi could be thinking so I opened my mouth to ask him.
  "What are you thinking about, Kokichi?" I ask, Kokichi stopped staring at the floor and brought his gaze to me and smiled.
  "Shu-Chan call me by the nickname you made up!" Kokichi demanded.
  "Okay, Ki-kun.." I said, "but w-what are you thinking about Ki-kun?"
Kokichi went silent most likely determining whether he should lie or tell the truth. The room was overcome with silence before Kokichi parted his lips to answer.
  "I'm thinking what I should do today!" Ki-kun lies, giving me his evil smile.
  "That a lie." I say, Kokichi looks surprised and gives me a sad smile.
  "Bingo.." Kokichi says softly before turning into his energetic self again, "do you really know me that well Shumai!?"
  "I g-guess" I respond, "So.. would you like to tell me what you were thinking about?"
  "I guess so." Ki-Kun says before traveling into silence again for a short moment, "so... for you to fully understand I gues I should start at the beginning. When that dead deer arrived there was a note that came with it. It said something about how I'm faking my love for you and they wanted me to fess up even though I'm not faking how much I love you. But If I didn't come clean the note said hell would break loose. I ignored the note but the next morning when you went to work the person who probably wrote the note broke in and harmed me," Kokichi took off his scarf and pointed to the scars, "but when the person did they talked and that's when I found out that it's a female. So today when I was walking home the person grabbed my legs and started dragging me backwards. I'm pretty lucky that I didn't get kidnapped."
  "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, looking at the scars that were on Ki-Kuns neck. Looking at those scars made me sad, knowing that Kokichi was hurt by someone.
  "I didn't want to worry you." Kokichi answered, I felt tears begin to fall from my eyes. 'What if Kokichi had actually gotten killed?!' I thought to myself, 'no not right now.' I wiped the tears away. Now I have to ask a question that could possibly get us closer to figuring out who it was.
  "Did you see what they looked like?" I asked, Kokichi shook his head.
  "No they were wearing a mask but I know she had hair that was long and brown... Holy shit." Ki-Kun cussed, "I think I know who it is."
  "Who?" I asked, dying to know so I could put them in jail for threatening and hurting Kokichi.

  "Maki."

The end of chapter 17